My son's first design / scratch build

dengar256

My story is one seen many times on the forums. I learned to fly with my dad when I was a kid and slowly got out of it as I went to collage. My gear went into cold storage for 20 years. Now my dad is gone and I have three boys of my own ranging form 7 to 1. With the help of Flite test and a very supportive wife I started flying again this summer. I pulled my gear out of the barn and cleaned it up. It needed a few repairs and had to replace my radio equipment however my OS .40 engine fired up. I found a local club and when I went to visit who was there but the gut who taught me to fly 20 years ago. At least once a week my family would meet me at the club to have a picnic and watch me relearn to fly. Brought back a lot of memories of me and my dad. Now that winter is on the way I spend more time building than flying and as always my boys are at my side watching and helping. Now for the reason why I am posting this. Just now my son comes up to me with the plane pictured below. This morning he drew out a plan of what he wanted his plane to look like and made it out of cardboard and tape. After trying it once he realized he needed weight and added the Popsicle sticks. Is this the greatest hobby or what. Thanks to flite test and its community I am flying again and sharing with my family. And through this I feel like I have a small part of my dad back.

20151106_144135_resized.jpg 20151106_144142_resized.jpg

Last edited: