My swept-back V-tail design

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Here are just a few photos of my new swept-back V-tail. I wanted it to look fast even if it's sitting still. What do you guys think?

Picture 1.png Picture 2.png Picture 3.png Picture 4.png Picture 5.png Picture 6.png

Some of my ideas I wanted to realize where...

Dual rear motor/prop pair should match thrust, and draw of each front rotor,

Dual rear prop pairing should be as close as possible to the same tip-to-tip span as each front props length, (rear span is 12", front props are 11" )

Fast yaw rate,

And finally, it must look menacing!

SPECS:

Flight Controller) KK2 (firmware V1.1) V-tail mix ( with reversed rudder outputs in mixer editor )

Props) 11x4.7 front, 7x3.5x3 rear

Motors) Turnigy AIR (L2215J) 900kV front, Turnigy AIR (L2210A) 1650kV rear

ESCs) HK-F20A x4 ( stock firmware )

LiPo) Nano-Tech 2200mAh 35-70C

Last edited:

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
I'm hoping I can get some footage up soon. I need a good camera man... Maybe I'll take a little trip north, so the flitetest crew can take some shots of her LOL.

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Here is short flight in my front yard to show the characteristics, and yaw response.

Sorry for the bad quality!

earthsciteach

FINALLY! A multirotor that ISN'T a flying abomination without style or grace!

Well done, sir! This thing looks pretty cool. Any plans on building a cool, futuristic looking body for it? This thing screams for one!

Heli-Yeah!

Gremlin on the Wing
Thanks for the kind words! I would love to come up with a nice sleek body design for this thing!

I have had many ideas for alternate designs of the frame, but so far I have not come up with one for the body.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
FINALLY! A multirotor that ISN'T a flying abomination without style or grace!

Well done, sir! This thing looks pretty cool. Any plans on building a cool, futuristic looking body for it? This thing screams for one!

Finally starting to give in to the "Dark side" huh teach? :p

Thurmond

earthsciteach

Thurmond - I was probably drinking when I posted that.

Actually, I do like the looks of this multi rotor. I can envision a really rugged, badass looking body for it.

PaulT

Mentor
What a great design.
Not much into multi's...(yet).... but I can see wanting to build this for the winter project..mmmmm
where to start....