My time on the bench

PoorManRC

Master member
..... Well, the way those "plans" are drawn out, I can at least scale up the double sided Wings.
I AVOID single Sheet Wings like the plague!! 😳

My Old, Arthritic GORILLA Hands require Wings of at least SOME substance. Even at the cost of extra weight!

My next two Builds will be the FT Baby Blender (5" stretched Fuse and 3" stretched Upper Wing),

And the FT Cruiser (Fuse stretched about 4" with Tricycle Landing Gear).
I expect the Cruiser to be over 1kg - and the Blender might DOUBLE in original weight!!! 😯😳😳
SO many Mods, I'll likely be renaming both of them!

Robyle3

I was actually going to do the same thing with the cruiser, when i remembered that there was a plane i wanted to see even more.
The cruiser might be a nice build after this project. My mods would include a dual tapered nose (i dont really like that flat nose), and more streamlined pods.

Robyle3

Haha, ok. So, no updates as of yet because I am in full "Dinah" mode at the moment. Check out my Ki-46 thread for the story on that.
But I do have some ideas about printing u-scaled plans.
My grandfather would KILL me if I printed something wasting that much ink, so I'll import the files to my photo editor (Krita, free), and re-draw the outlines on an extra photo layer.
After that, I extend the wing former so that it becomes an actual spar, and just follow the building instructions.