My Tiny Trainer Build

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Optionally, here's the damage to the SpeedBuild wing:

IMG_0183.JPG

IMG_0184.JPG

IMG_0185.JPG

Besides the obvious melting and paper removal, it now flexes in the middle. I think it might be repairable.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
@buzzbomb remember I deadlined you :). I want a first maiden birthday gift from you ;).
It would be my pleasure to give you that birthday gift! Really, it would. Cross your fingers. I've got two days off between now and then. My car was nearly totalled today, so I'm hopefully dealing with the insurance people on my day off tomorrow. They backed into me at a stoplight, trying to avoid a wide turning semi. I blacked out their personal stuff:
IMG_0181.JPG

Weather permitting, and worse case scenario, I'll get the wing done and will GLIDE that darn TT!

mayan

Legendary member
It would be my pleasure to give you that birthday gift! Really, it would. Cross your fingers. I've got two days off between now and then. My car was nearly totalled today, so I'm hopefully dealing with the insurance people on my day off tomorrow. They backed into me at a stoplight, trying to avoid a wide turning semi. I blacked out their personal stuff:
View attachment 121319

Weather permitting, and worse case scenario, I'll get the wing done and will GLIDE that darn TT!
Ohhh no. Had the same thing happen to me a while ago someone backed into me simply cause he didn’t bother to look in the mirror.
80228336-E934-4AB4-B471-A3F77A0A5369.jpeg

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Sorry ya'll. I had a minor setback. This thread is becoming a comedy of errors. I was having a problem getting a pushrod through the linkage stopper on one of my servos last night. It just didn't seem to fit. After fighting with it for a bit the pushrod slipped around the stopper while I was pushing on it.

The little red dot on the end of my finger? That's where it went in. The little red dot on the side of my finger is where it came out. It's handy having an ex-Emergency Room nurse in your household (my mother, needless to say). There is a real thing called "Dead Finger" that I really want to avoid. She said it's akin to frostbite and leads to the loss of the finger. The solution if things start to swell is to "drain" the swelling. Also something I really want to avoid. Did I mention I updated my tetanus shot today?

End result is I'm going to be spending a few days with my hand elevated above my heart. I won't be posting much if anything, and will definitely not be able to work on anything. I'm not going anywhere. If anything I'm more determined than ever. I'm just going to be watching TV with my hand in the air, instead of hanging out in this forum, or working on my plane or anything.

Again, sorry guys. This too shall pass.

The Journey Continues.

IMG_0190.JPG

Last edited:

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Not sure if a bush remedy would suit but here such an infection, (away from medical help), is bandaged in cotton wool coated in a soap/sugar paste. I normally draws out the infection is a few days to a week at most.

Just a thought!

have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Not sure if a bush remedy would suit but here such an infection, (away from medical help), is bandaged in cotton wool coated in a soap/sugar paste. I normally draws out the infection is a few days to a week at most.

Just a thought!

have fun!
No infection. Like I said, ER nurse in the house. Triple Antibiotic Ointment and peroxide soaking. (y) Tetanus is another thing entirely, but with the shot today, not a problem. The swelling is caused by tissue damage and some other medical terminology that was just over my head. Over the years I've learned to question just enough to understand what to do and why to do it.

It'll all be good. Currently monitoring this thread with my right hand in the air, while searching for something uncrappy to watch on TV. I figure if I'm able to go to work, the few minutes it took to type this post should be OK. I just can't spend all night with my hand down on the keyboard or mouse, as is my usual MO.

Hai-Lee

Old and Bold RC PILOT
Just a heads up for the future!

As you may be aware I use a lot of paperclips as pushrods. I normally cut one end diagonally and then bend a bit of a handle to DRILL my way through the desired servo arm hole. I then put the z bend on a straightened paper clip and after rounding the square cut end just push it through the servo arm snugly.

It works every time. (You are not the only one to have ever stabbed themselves with a pushrod end!:rolleyes::whistle:.

Have fun!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
My mom has said three times at least that I've dodged a bullet and got really lucky. That from my resident ER Nurse. Thank you Lord. I'll take it. Here's a current pic of the finger. Everything is A-OK.

IMG_0191.JPG

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Soooo... THIS happened last night:

"What? It's nothing bad? :eek: You mean to say the TT is ready to fly? Seriously?" Yep. I think so. It is what it is and what it is, is going in the air. My next day off, all things permitting. Wednesday. The day after tomorrow, I fly! If briefly. :)

Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Nobody asked, but how will it fly without a wing? Since I am who I am, I will answer the unasked question. (love me or hate me, you're glad I'm here.:love: LOL Who else asks unasked questions about their own plane and then answers them themselves in the same post? I yam what I yam. Yes. I like spinach.)

Anyways, remember that the first wing, where I fold-scored on the wrong side? I then added a foamboard spar to strengthen it that seemed like a good idea, but nobody had to tell me it was pretty useless.

Barbecue Skewers. Hot-glued underneath, to hold them in place, with White Gorilla Glue to make sure they are not going anywhere. It's a little bit heavier, but that wing is now WAY stronger than stock.

IMG_0193.JPG