My Tiny Trainer Build

mayan

Legendary member
Rock on @buzzbomb. My deadline worked. :)
I stabbed myself with pushrods too many times to actually count, shed a tear and kept going. Happy to hear that you are OK and so is your finger. So what ever happened to the new wing you planned on building?
Tomorrow you still plan on going flying? I do want a video of that :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Rock on @buzzbomb. My deadline worked. :)
Yes it did. Thank you. You lit a fire under my tail that reminded me just how long I'd been at this. (y)

So what ever happened to the new wing you planned on building?
Still building it. Slowly and carefully. In the meantime, I want to fly!

Tomorrow you still plan on going flying? I do want a video of that :)
Yes, everything permitting. I've got a Doctor's appointment at 2pm (1400 hrs) and my son gets home from school around 4pm. Assuming the weather is good, I should be getting home about the same time as my son. My flying site is about five minutes down the road. I intend to fly that TT tomorrow afternoon.

I'll get video with my GoPro, but it will literally take all night and part of the next day to upload to YouTube. I'm also going to ask my son to video the occasion on my Iphone, but I have no idea what it's going to come out like. We'll find out!

mayan

Legendary member
Keep us posted if you need anything even while you are at the field. Reminding throttle down ASAP, it’s not a switch. CRAP check you stuff before. And most importantly have fun :)

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Last edited:

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I'm really excited to get this thing in the air later today. Check this out:
IMG_0195.JPG

I had to push the battery pretty far back to achieve that, but it's solid as a rock. It's still just sitting there and could probably balance like that all night! I'm considering adding a skewer in front of the battery to hold it in, since it's pretty much off the PowerPod velcro.

Check this out: We are now over twenty minutes later:
IMG_0196.JPG

It seems like it's tilting just a bit towards the nose. Oh well. I gave up perfection on this project, long ago! Please someone remind me, I've seen it posted elsewhere, but I forget. Letters on the propellor at the front or the back?

Last edited:

mayan

Legendary member
Charge all three. You might just be a born pro and can fly them all. Fingers crossed. I wasn’t good at anything but crashing my plane. The last time I went flying was the first time I was able to land and keep the plane clean as if I never flew it :). With the battery that you are using I’d recommend to launch at 50%-60% throttle this should still have enough power to fly but give you a little slower flight experience something that I think is easier to control. Also remember if things don’t seem right stop and think why don’t push it and just get frustrated why things don’t work.

Enjoy my friend!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Also remember if things don’t seem right stop and think why don’t push it and just get frustrated why things don’t work.
That is pretty sage advice, right there. I've been trying to teach my son that his whole life. I will keep it in mind. "Physician, heal thyself!"

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
With pleasure my friend. Crossing fingers that you have a thrilling first flight experience.
That made me chuckle. I've no doubt that one way or the other, thrilling it will be! cranialcartosis' avatar should be an emoji. It would describe perfectly my expectations for my flight. The only thing that emoji would be missing is :):cool::p:D:eek:o_O:love::LOL::ROFLMAO::poop::D:unsure:.

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
Since I yam what I yam, and I'm excited and feeling playful, let me break this down:

:) Happy to be flying! BooYah!
:cool: Oh, this is going well!
:p Heck yeah, I got this!
:D Go baby, go!
:eek: Shoot. That's not supposed to happen.
o_O Are you serious? Really?
:love: What the heck, that was a darn good time!
:LOL: Also, that was really funny, darn it!
:ROFLMAO: Ok. I just can't stop laughing, but I should.
:poop: Oh, pooh. I broke my plane!
:D Darn, but it was fun, though!
:unsure: Hmmm. Gotta make it better, rebuild, and do it again.

mayan

Legendary member
Since I yam what I yam, and I'm excited and feeling playful, let me break this down:

:) Happy to be flying! BooYah!
:cool: Oh, this is going well!
:p Heck yeah, I got this!
:D Go baby, go!
:eek: Shoot. That's not supposed to happen.
o_O Are you serious? Really?
:love: What the heck, that was a darn good time!
:LOL: Also, that was really funny, darn it!
:ROFLMAO: Ok. I just can't stop laughing, but I should.
:poop: Oh, pooh. I broke my plane!
:D Darn, but it was fun, though!
:unsure: Hmmm. Gotta make it better, rebuild, and do it again.

LOVE IT, JUST LOVE IT. CANT STOP SMILING!!!

buzzbomb

I know nothing!
I did not get to fly today. :( Driving to my appointment, the wind was so high it was blowing my car around. It didn't let up until after dusk. *sigh*

I work through the weekend. My next day off is Monday. I'll try again. The TT is ready to go. That's pretty much where we are at right now. Waiting for a viable flying day to correspond with a day I don't work.

My disappointment is palpable. Wind speed was forecasted to be low. Did not turn out that way. *sigh*