My tricopter has the spins

Jjpaul

Can anyone help,

I recently got a tricopter frame, built it up added some old motors and 30am escs. The frame came with a nice metal rutter. I purchased a metal servo. Put it all together dialed it in no problem. BUT now when I give it throttle to lift the servo tilts without input. I have cranked up the gains and filters but can't stop this from happening. Any ideas? Maybe I bought the wrong type of servo?

SGrog

Two questions that come to mind are:

-Does the servo return to the initial position upon bringing the throttle back?
-Are the gears teeth stripped possibly.

Also, if you take the blades off, and run the motors up does the same thing occur, or is it just when the blades are on?

-Sean

earthsciteach

Try changing your yaw setting from 100% to -100% (or vice versa) on your flight controller. KK2s (if that's what you have) will do that if the servo is digital/non-digital.

I just had the same thing happen with my first tri - I was using an OpenPilot/CC3D board and by all accounts my yaw was moving the correct way (with the tail closest to me, motor moved the opposite direction my yaw input went)...BUT - my controller was registering my yaw input backwards. So I had to do a "double reversal" - like a bad circus routine - reverse my radio input AND reverse my controller card. Kind of weird, but took me a while to figure it out. I also didn't realize your motor needs to be tilted at "neutral" to help offset the prop rotation.

Jjpaul

Thanks

I just had the same thing happen with my first tri - I was using an OpenPilot/CC3D board and by all accounts my yaw was moving the correct way (with the tail closest to me, motor moved the opposite direction my yaw input went)...BUT - my controller was registering my yaw input backwards. So I had to do a "double reversal" - like a bad circus routine - reverse my radio input AND reverse my controller card. Kind of weird, but took me a while to figure it out. I also didn't realize your motor needs to be tilted at "neutral" to help offset the prop rotation.

That was the problem thanks for helping. Next thing I noticed was during decent I get this warbling. Is this normal?

Jjpaul

Thanks everyone.

:applause: image.jpg ATTACH]
I'm betting earthsciteach is right.

It flies great. Can't wait to get FPV on this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13