My version of the Flite Test Opening!

Longer Intro! Yes or No?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent CAL

I've noticed there hasn't really been any opening on the new Flite Test episodes. I really liked the opening, because it was just the beginning of a more cinematic style. So I was bored, and downloaded a bunch of my favorite Flite Test moments, and put them together in this slightly revamped intro! :D I think Flite Test should make a new intro that's long like this, but with all the new stuff in it. Don't worry, it's basically the same thing except with different footage.

So that's my take, it isn't very polished off, it's more like a rough draft, but I think it looks cool.

Oh also anyone else interested in a longer intro please show your support, I've been missing it lately.

[EDIT] This is just an example of what the intro could be like, I don't expect it to actually be used, as I didn't take time to polish it off.

Last edited:

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
Fun. I like it because I am in it!

My daughter is in the blue jacket and I am beside her. Blurry, but there.
image.jpg

Agent CAL

@BridgeInspector Oh cool happy accident :p

@abieex Thanks, I hadn't edited in a while so I figured this would be fun :cool:

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
I'd love to have a longer intro on longer videos like the builds.

bitogre

I have a suggestion for new footage to add to the Intro, a fly over of Flite Fest during the group photo. This can be updated each year after each Flite Fest giving everyone a chance to be in the Intro at some point (assuming they can eventually make it to a FliteFest).

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
I have a suggestion for new footage to add to the Intro, a fly over of Flite Fest during the group photo. This can be updated each year after each Flite Fest giving everyone a chance to be in the Intro at some point (assuming they can eventually make it to a FliteFest).

"Hey look! that's me! That black spec over behind that red spot . . . or was it that other red spot? Well I'm one of those black specs!"

;)

Agent CAL

OK that would be cool. Let's make this thread be like a think tank for the new intro!

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I've noticed there hasn't really been any opening on the new Flite Test episodes. I really liked the opening, because it was just the beginning of a more cinematic style. So I was bored, and downloaded a bunch of my favorite Flite Test moments, and put them together in this slightly revamped intro! :D I think Flite Test should make a new intro that's long like this, but with all the new stuff in it. Don't worry, it's basically the same thing except with different footage.

*snip*

So that's my take, it isn't very polished off, it's more like a rough draft, but I think it looks cool.

Oh also anyone else interested in a longer intro please show your support, I've been missing it lately.

[EDIT] This is just an example of what the intro could be like, I don't expect it to actually be used, as I didn't take time to polish it off.

I like it! I hope they do start revamping some intros. Maybe they could even throw in a few peeks at Flite Test Extra footage to get some more interest in FTE.

I believe the original intro was Chad's. I don't know if Chad is much involved with production anymore since he is a busy guy. I could be wrong though.

Agent CAL

I like it! I hope they do start revamping some intros. Maybe they could even throw in a few peeks at Flite Test Extra footage to get some more interest in FTE.

I believe the original intro was Chad's. I don't know if Chad is much involved with production anymore since he is a busy guy. I could be wrong though.

Yeah I guess Chad has been primarily involved at Rotor DR1. I still like Flite Test, but I really miss the days where everything was really thought out as to the "plot" and the movie idea. I guess that still is around, but it seems like the episode structure isn't as strong as it used to be... Well I guess I've noticed that the most in the intros, the long intros really say something about the show you know.

Agent CAL

Yeah 30 seconds is probably a good amount. I realized editing this how hard it was to fit in all the moments, it felt a lot shorter than I anticipated. But it feels good at the beginning of episodes.

Also anyone if you'd rather have the short intros feel free to vote for that on the poll, that way we know what that actual common opinion is. I don't really care wether we have a short or long intro, it's still Flite Test.

DharanFlyer

One: I love your video. Could just be that I have next to no artistic creation motivation but I thought it looked pretty well polished. Just a few cuts were kind of fast.

Two: I really miss the opening videos. I thought they gave the whole show a more professional and polished feeling and I related the song/intro with "Yeppie! More Flite Test!!". The short one they have been using just doesn't feel the same. I think my favorite is when they highlighted the different members. Obviously it would need some updating as Josh B is the only one still regularly on the show from then.

razor02097

Rogue Drone Pilot
I wonder how we can get the FT staff to at least look at this thread? I think the regular flitetest episodes could do well with a longer intro. Maybe another super short intro for quick tips and FT extra videos.

CrashRecovery

I'm a care bear...Really?
Mentor
I think they just need to be reminded about this idea. It was brought up at flitefest live podcast q&a. longer intros are for builds and reviews, quick tips and what not get the short version

Agent CAL

@DharanFlyer I just stuck video over the original opening (first half at least) so the continuity wasn't perfect. A perfect intro would have the first part re-filmed with new footage. But it's just a promotion of the idea, so I'm happy with it :)

@razor02097 and @CrashRecovery I did hear them debate that on the Live Podcast. But if I recall correctly it was a tie, so they didn't do much. But I think that would be awesome, short intro on short videos and builds (which are less of an "episode") and long intro on the episodes that are actually like a cinematic creation, etc.

Oh for the FT Extra videos, maybe there could be a different intro (maybe even different music?) with only FT Extra type footage in it.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
A lot of people on Youtube complained about the long intros. That's probably why they've switched.

I still like the idea of long video -> long intro though. :)