My version of the FT duster

xxtristonxx

master flier
Hey guys this is my first post on the forum so i thought id share one of my many designs. This is my version of the FT duster i made on photo shop, and plane on getting the speed build kit so make this plane a reality. if you guys could give me any tips or comments on the plane please feel free to tell me.

P.S. you might not be able to see it but on the tail is the classic decal of calvin peeing
ft duster.jpg

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Just wondering if you were going to minwax and paint or use colored tape or something else...

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
Minwax polyurethane protects the foamboard covering from moisture and prepares it for painting. Otherwise you can damage the plane with moisture and the paint solvent can attack the foam.

Bread & Butter! xuzme720

Thurmond

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
Minwax polyurethane protects the foamboard covering from moisture and prepares it for painting. Otherwise you can damage the plane with moisture and the paint solvent can attack the foam.

Bread & Butter! xuzme720

Thurmond
Thanks, Thurmond! I sorta know what I'm talking about in my head, I just can't seem to make the keys say it right! :)

Flynn

Definitely Minwax, old based. The paper soaks it up and makes it great for painting. Makes the glue tacky tho for a couple of days, freaked me out at first. I painted the F22 with plain old primer and just added some detail with the airbrush. The elevons are taped, I just painted over them. They are holding up ok.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 26

xxtristonxx

master flier
Itll be a while before its in the air, tend to design alot of good planes but never get the time or money to build or fly them :(