N Sport

N Sport 2

Please log in to download

tomlogan1

Gorgeous! Wish I'd seen this earlier today. Just rebuilt my Tiny Trainer that's four years old. Will definitely circle back on this when I get some more foam. Really a great looking plane.

TyroRCPilot

I've just downloaded the plans for this fuselage mod and have 2 questions.

1. The bottom of the fuselage sides is different with one side having a "notch" is this correct?

2. The power pod has a very aggressive nose down and a slight nose left angle to the firewall. Again, is this correct as the original TT firewall had a few degrees right to counter the torque of the motor.

I am from the UK, so building in heavier foamboard, so hoping the fuselage will be a bit lighter than the original TT with its doubling up due to the different slot on noses.

Great skin by the way. Has you flown yours yet, I'd love to know how it went.

nobledeed

Well done and thanks for posting. You've found errors and I'd like the plans to be accurate.

The power pod angle should be reversed to two degrees right.

I believe the downward prop angle is correct. The canopy modification moves the wing and the cg upwards. The cg is no longer aligned with the thrust angle as it is in the original TT. The downward prop angle is meant to change the thrust direction so that it "pushes" through the cg.
The notch on the bottom of the fuse is a drafting error. I'll make changes to the plans and re-post when I get the chance.

I haven't yet flown the N Sport. But I wish you happy flying.

TyroRCPilot

Thanks for replying so quickly.

Just to clarify, in advance of your re-drawn plans, I think there should be a recess (notch) in the bottom of the fuselage side bottoms to take the bottom fuselage panel otherwise the panel would sit proud.

If I get to fly this model before you I'll post back, good or bad ;)

Just out of interest I am building the N Sport at 123% in an attempt to ameliorate the effect of the heavier FB, wish me luck as this is my first scratch build after the Simple Cub kit.

nobledeed

Just to clarify, in advance of your re-drawn plans, I think there should be a recess (notch) in the bottom of the fuselage side bottoms to take the bottom fuselage panel otherwise the panel would sit proud.

Just out of interest I am building the N Sport at 123% in an attempt to ameliorate the effect of the heavier FB, wish me luck as this is my first scratch build after the Simple Cub kit.
Best of luck! Let me know how things work for you. I'd like to get the plans right.

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!

Instead of notching the fuse sides, would it work better if the sides of the fuse bottom had the foam removed, leaving the paper? It would be more like other FT designs. Like this:
2020-10-17 (1).png

AIRFORGE

Make It Fly!
...And maybe, add the fuse bottom to the main fuse, making a single part:
2020-10-17 (2).png

Last edited:

TyroRCPilot

Nobledeed, have you flown the N Sport yet, by any chance?

Life got in the way with me and mine had to be put on the back burner. I have resurrected the model and hope to be finished soon.

flyranger

Built this twice, once only using the shape of your fuse, and lately built exactly to plan (except for the comments listed above). Wing is an over length tiny trainer 3 ch. Maiden today in winds went well. I love the rigidity of the fuse.
20200805_072340.jpg
20210515_124632.jpg
20210811_133900.jpg
20210811_133916.jpg
20210811_133926.jpg