NanoQX in agility mode?

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
Everyone seems to be able to fly the NanoQX in agility mode. I know that I have to press down on the left stick of the default RTF transmitter to switch to agility and press on the right stick to switch to low rates (with high rates being default and ok for self-level mode).

But even on low rates my NanoQX is so twitchy, that moving the stick just a fraction of the possible movement will make the quad tilt so much that I will overcompensate in the other direction - resulting in an unexpected landing.

Did I miss a setting? Is my transmitter too sensitive?

At the moment I'm thinking about getting an OrangeRX module to put in my Taranis, so I can program some expo or scaling just for the Nano. But I'd like to know if I do something wrong with the bought kit.

Cotharyus

I'm not sure I have an answer for you, but can you tell me what your previous flying experience is? For me, putting my nano in agility mode was a bit like flying a collective pitch heli. A little. Have you flown anything like that previously?

BridgeInspector

Flite Test Groupie
I had the same issue. When I uses Spektrum DX6 I could finally use agility. The expo and higher resolution gimbals made a huge differance.

You should try the Taranis and Orangex module.

Biff45452

I hear ya, agility mode with no expo is ridiculously twitchy, I have a dx5e and I use the hidden expo feature. I believe the controller It comes with is a dx4e in a different case. Try holding the right aileron trim while powering on, if you hear ascending beeps you got yourself some expo.

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
@Cotharyus: I have a bigger electrohub that I fly in acro mode without problems - as long as I don't lose orientation ;). That's what I got the Nano for - training muscle memory indoors.

@Biff45452: I'll try that when I'm back in my office where I forgot the Nano on Friday after annoying my coworkers all day ;)

xuzme720

Dedicated foam bender
Mentor
I had trouble with mine too until I added it to the Taranis, Balu. Funny how much of a difference a "real" transmitter will make...

Balu

Lurker
Staff member
Admin
@Biff45452: Looks like there are no expos on the MLP4DSM. I can reverse the rudder, elevator and aileron channels this way though. Which made the first flight after switching aileron quite short ;-)

I'll just buy a module for my Taranis now. Getting the right feeling on the big transmitter is what I need to train anyway.