NAS-BWACC [ENTIRELY UNOFFICIAL FTFF EVENT]

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Guys,

We are a month out. Am I the only one interested in this? Are we going to try again this year? Let me know if there is anything I can do to help orchestrate.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Tommy,

You beat me to the punch (and rightfully so, I've been procrastinating). I set a deadline for myself that I post a new thread yesterday . . . and stuff happens.

I need to ping Austin to get unofficially on the schedule, but otherwise the new thread is overdue. It's now on my list of "should be done tonight" . . . hopefully that means it'll get done.

As for help, you mentioned you wanted to do something cool for this year's trophy?

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
What I was planning for the trophy is to having it pass along each year with each winner expected to make an improvement or addition to it. This living, breathing trophy will evolve and embody a piece of each years winners. Just something we did when the trophy or award, was a "just for fun" kind of event.

But, it is your event. If you would rather have a new trophy each year, you could make it the responsibility of the last years winner to make this years trophy. In that case, I would be willing to make a new trophy for this years event. However you want to play it. Let me know. I'm from the government, I'm here to help.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
A roving trophy sounds cool too, but the existing one would need a little beefing up to survive the long haul, and we'd need to be ready to make arrangements to ship it from the previous winner in case they (gasp!) didn't come to the next FTFF. Either way can be worked so I've got no opinion.

I'd also say it's "our" event, I'm just busking for it. It belongs to the community here, and I'm just adding a semblance of direction :)

If you'd rather start a "winner makes the trophy" rule or take on the lead as the "trophy construction coordinator" I expect it'll be better planned than earthsciteach's "Oh crap, I havent' done that yet" trophy . . . which still turned out pretty cool.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
"A roving trophy sounds cool too, but the existing one would need a little beefing up to survive the long haul, and we'd need to be ready to make arrangements to ship it from the previous winner in case they (gasp!) didn't come to the next FTFF."

There in lies my first idea for it. I took it apart to get it home. It sits reassembled in my build area. The idea was to make it a three piece trophy that slots and tabs together (in true FT Spirit). I believe that trophy fully embodies the spirit of the event. Anything I could create would tax my artistic abilities.

BUT... [displays a shocked expression and gasps] it is fully possible that someone might not attend the next years event and the logistics of moving it around would be a hassle.

We will play it by ear.

themajik1

Monkey/Bear Poker
Mentor
Well I like both ideas, but your correct that it will be difficult to keep it going to each without some kind of beefing up. Patrick did a great job with the trophy and I am proud that I donated the Xoar prop and really would like to see it and the trophy stay as it is as a tribute to the first ever Flite Fest and first ever NAS BWACC. I'm sure a new trophy would be and could be made. There will be plenty of pilots (650+) that would donate some parts to make it happen. I will talk to Pat and see what we can come up with.

earthsciteach

HEY! It is a lovely trophy built on-site so as to capture and contain the spirit and love that was pervasive throughout FTFF 2014.

I'm torn between the, "Pass it on" and "winner makes a new one" ideas. I think Tommy should keep his well-earned trophy. But, if he would prefer to add on to it and pass it on, I'm ok with that, too. I have this vision of a genetically-mutated looking trophy ten years from now and I kind of like it.

Thomas should really get in on this, too. He made it happen!

SP0NZ

FT CAD Gremlin
Staff member
Admin
Mentor
The air frames for the Baby Baron and the Mini MkIII are just about the perfect size for a new trophy. ;) I could donate some already built prototype air frames if you guys want to use them.

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
Pat,

Thank you for such an awesome trophy. You really did do an excellent job at capturing the spirit of the NAS-BWACC.

All,

I think it is settled. Last years trophy will remain MINE. It will be at FTFF2015, proudly displayed in my camping area.

It is an accurate embodiment of the FTFF2014 spirit and as such, should remain in tact.

A new trophy should be constructed, on site, as a collaboration, and probably at the last minute. hehehehe

I will be there to help. Cant wait for this years FF.