Naze 32 10dof wont power my turnigy 9x receiver

wrk1177

hi all,

i have been having a problem with my qav250, i put in the the naze 32 10dof. then, i bind my radio and receiver and it works fine but when i wire it up and go into clean flight the receiver light isnt on and it wont communicate, does anyone know what it might be????

specs:

qav 250
naze 32 10dof
1300 mah 3s lipo
turnigy 9x receiver
and 2300kv luminier motors

please let me know if u have any ideas

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi wrk1177 welcome to the forum!

When you connect to clean flight are you plugging in the usb cable while powering the quad with a battery? Are you able to control the quad when it is not connected to CF?

wrk1177

Hi wrk1177 welcome to the forum!

When you connect to clean flight are you plugging in the usb cable while powering the quad with a battery? Are you able to control the quad when it is not connected to CF?

yes i have a battery in and no i cant control it

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
When you unplug the USB, with the battery plugged in, do the lights on the Naze go out or stay on?

you haven't listed which ESCs you're using, or if you've installed an external BEC.

wrk1177

When you unplug the USB, with the battery plugged in, do the lights on the Naze go out or stay on?

you haven't listed which ESCs you're using, or if you've installed an external BEC.

I'm using the Simon k 12 amp luminiferous escs and I don't have and external bec, would I need 1??

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
If the Naze lights don't come on when only the battery is plugged in, then almost certainly you will.

"luminiferous" is a catchy name, but I've never heard of them, and in reference to ESCs, neither has Google. hardly matters, though, but if those ESCs were listed as "opto", you've opted to remove the center red wire from all of the ESCs control wires, or it never had a center wire, then your ESCs lack a BEC to power the low-voltage electronics -- you'll need an external one to power the RX and Naze board in flight.

As for why the board will work when the USB is plugged in, but not the RX, there is a diode bridge between the microcontroller (the brains), USB plug and the servo/ESC/RX connections. the microcontroller can receive power from either the ESCs or the USB, but the USB and ESCs can't share power between each other

wrk1177

If the Naze lights don't come on when only the battery is plugged in, then almost certainly you will.

"luminiferous" is a catchy name, but I've never heard of them, and in reference to ESCs, neither has Google. hardly matters, though, but if those ESCs were listed as "opto", you've opted to remove the center red wire from all of the ESCs control wires, or it never had a center wire, then your ESCs lack a BEC to power the low-voltage electronics -- you'll need an external one to power the RX and Naze board in flight.

As for why the board will work when the USB is plugged in, but not the RX, there is a diode bridge between the microcontroller (the brains), USB plug and the servo/ESC/RX connections. the microcontroller can receive power from either the ESCs or the USB, but the USB and ESCs can't share power between each other

when i plug in just the battery the naze lights up fine, but there is no light on in the receiver

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Do you have a picture of how the receiver is hooked up to the Naze? Sounds like you are not getting any power from the Naze to the receiver.

wrk1177

Do you have a picture of how the receiver is hooked up to the Naze? Sounds like you are not getting any power from the Naze to the receiver.

thats exactly what i was thinking here

Attachments

• IMG_0599[1].JPG
    IMG_0599[1].JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0598[1].JPG
    IMG_0598[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0600[1].JPG
    IMG_0600[1].JPG
    969.4 KB · Views: 14

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Ok I think I can identify your problem now. It looks like you are using a naze32 breakout cable to connect the RX to the Naze. The way that cable is configured is to work with the Naze32 Acro, where the receiver inputs are from pads that look like this. What you have is the Naze32 10dof and from what I can gather the pins layout for RX input is different. The pins should be used with signal being the row closest to the middle, +5v being the middle row, and ground being the row closest to the edge like this. You still only need one +5v and ground from RX to Naze, the difference is what pins to plug them input. You may need to modify your wiring harness or use another male to male servo lead. Let me know if you need a diagram if my explanation is confusing.

wrk1177

ok thx, but what would it need to look like in the end or how would i set up the servo wires, thx again for all the help

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
From what I can gather the pins should be hooked up like this. The channel with power and ground is not necessarily input CH 1. I also overlayed the diagram on your pic above in case it helps.
Naze3210dofpins.jpg Naze3210dofpins2.jpg

wrk1177

thank you so much for the help i will make a post in a day or so when i get the servo wires and try this out

happy flying!!!