Naze 32 Best PID Settings

Bobo

Hi guys,
I'm flying a 250 sized quad and having some trouble with the pid. I'm currently on the PID 3 but when I go full speed and pull back a little or try to stop immediately it immediately starts oscillating while i'm pulling back. I have tried the auto tune setting it still isn't fixing it much so I was wondering which of the 5 pid settings you guys recommend.

C0d3M0nk3y

Posted a thousand or more times
I've tried 0, 1, and 3. 1 is my favorite out of those. I liked the yaw response using 3, but I couldn't get all of the shakes tuned out. An updated version of 2 in the next release sounds pretty promising, but I haven't tried it yet.

There's a good discussion on this topic in this thread.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
These are my PID C3 values, with an initial manual tune to try and get an easy flying setup for learning, but your mileage may vary... I also have profiles for 2, and 5 (LuxFloat and Harikiri)

Code:
set pid_controller = 3
set p_pitch = 33
set i_pitch = 8
set d_pitch = 8
set p_roll = 33
set i_roll = 8
set d_roll = 8
set p_yaw = 63
set i_yaw = 1
set d_yaw = 0

I am still in the process of fine tuning, so these values will change... especially the yaw values. I'm am using TX/aux channels for tuning not autotune.

Last edited:

Bobo

I've tried 0, 1, and 3. 1 is my favorite out of those. I liked the yaw response using 3, but I couldn't get all of the shakes tuned out. An updated version of 2 in the next release sounds pretty promising, but I haven't tried it yet.

In the thread you linked it says pid 5 is like pid 3 but coupled. Is there any way to uncouple it to make it much better.

Bobo

is it possible to set the different PID setting to switches. Like PID 1 to one and PID 3 to another

ExperimentalRC

There are things called pid profiles, and they can be very useful.
You also have to setup some stuff in cleanflight. On the bottom of the pid tuning tab it says profile 1, 2, or 3. Once you go to a different profile the pid tuning info and mode switches are reset to default, so you will have to change them to whatever you want.

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly

PID 2 is fixed in 1.8.0 and up. You should try it :)