Naze 32 PC Connection problems

Jason of Gaming

Gravity is heartless...
I recently got a RTR Eachine Falcon 250 Pro, VR-007s and absolutely love them! The problem I have though is that I cant change PIDS, rates, and flight mode switches easily. I can use a USB cord to connect to a PC (Win 10, have tried with others, same result) and it works (cleanflight) for about ten seconds. nothing noticeable happens to the quad, but on the PC no more data comes up. I immediately noticed this when I tried switching tabs and it wouldn't load. The thing is though, cleanflight doesn't recognize any disconnection at all. I figured I would just have to short the bootloader pins and reinstall firmware on the naze but Eachine glued the OSD right on top of the naze right over those pins with some yellow stuff that doesn't want to come off. I haven't seen this problem before in all of my google searches.

makattack

Winter is coming
Mentor
The product page on banggood indicates it comes with a cc3d flight controller which normally doesn't run cleanflight, though it could. Are you sure it is installed with cf?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
You may be able to flash Betaflight to it, I've never tried this with an unknown firmware already installed. Install Betaflight configurator, and connect the board. In the CLI tab type "dfu" (without the quotes)

This should put the board in bootloader mode so you can flash betaflight at least. Again, I'm not positive this will work without BF already flashed, but it's worth a shot.

Jason of Gaming

Gravity is heartless...
I installed Betaflight, connected, and typed dfu, but the response was "Unknown command, try 'help' " and then some random symbols. This is because the software on my naze32 doesn't recognize the command maybe? I typed help, and again- Unknown command, try 'help' -appeared. Odd much? (the words were not italicized or bolded)

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
That is odd, I guess you need BF flashed to do anything.

I guess you're stuck trying to separate the FC from the OSD. I would look for some way to soften the glue first, maybe with a hair dryer or heat gun. Failing that I'm sure there is a chemical, but you'd have to find out what kind of glue you're dealing with.

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Maybe i can help you. I connected today my skyline32 delivered with baseflight to betaflight. You wrote the connection are stable for 10 seconds. I made the same experience. The Problem was solved soon. I Use the wrong USB Cable! I use a USB Cable which is only for charging. after changing the USB cable connection was no problem. I flashed cleanflight and works fine. After that i flashed Betaflight, also fine.
So try a differen USB Cable.

Jason of Gaming

Gravity is heartless...
I used a cord I have used to transfer files and I had the same results, I don't think that was the problem but I will do more research on it.

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Cable connection is number 1.

Does your PC chime when you connect the copter? If so, look HARD at the cable.

My GoPro cables work. :)

Ricci

Posted a thousand or more times
Ok, if it's not the cable the next issue i had was the wrong com port selected. Then also the app trys to connect for 10 seconds and then disconnects

Jason of Gaming

Gravity is heartless...
No, my comm is default 1, then changes to 3 and connects when i plug in my quad. Problem is, after a few second it disconnects without clean flight realizing that.

Jason of Gaming

Gravity is heartless...
UPDATE! (SOLVED!)

I continued looking around and found that the OSD is on the same UART port as the FC. (whatever that means)
Anyways, unplugging some cables allowed me to stay connected and flash new firmware. I think I will make a switch for those wires to make that easier.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Yes, the USB port on the board uses UART 1, and I guess your OSD does too. Having that stack glued together is kind of silly in this case ;)