Naze32 and ESC Full Throttle Issue

ludwant

Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 9.39.27 PM.png Screen Shot 2017-05-29 at 9.40.00 PM.png
Ok, here are pictures of my configuration and receiver tab, along with a link to a youtube video of what is happening. Note how my ESCs only make the start up sound AFTER I've armed and throttled up and down. Also, I don't have my props on in the video, but at full throttle, the motors aren't spinning fast enough to lift the quad off the ground.

ludwant

Yes, I used the motors tab. However, yesterday when I tried to recalibrate, the ESCs didn't make any sound after I powered them up. When I powered the ESCs with the motor slider all the way up (during the calibration procedure), they didn't make the calibration sound, so for some reason I can't recalibrate them now...

ludwant

Hmmm... I may end up doing that. I think I will reflash them with an Arduino, and see if that makes a difference, but other than that I can't quite figure out why this is happening. If I do end up switching, do you have any ESCs you would recommend?

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
WAIT!!!

Before changing anything how bout going to the configuration page and setting min command to 1000 instead of one. That is probably why your esc's are arming only after you cycle the throttle. Then go from there.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
WAIT!!!

Before changing anything how bout going to the configuration page and setting min command to 1000 instead of one. That is probably why your esc's are arming only after you cycle the throttle. Then go from there.

He did, the motors spin when it's disarmed... These are truly bizarre ESC's.

ludwant

Yeah, this is very weird, especially because I've had this quad flying before. One day, I was flying normally, and the next, the throttle and ESCs are all messed up. :(

ludwant

I feel like one of the stupidest people in the world right now lol :p I changed the ESC protocol to PWM from OneShot125, recalibrated, and voila... It's weird, because on the ESC description when I bought them said they supported OneShot125, but apparently not... Thank you so much for all your help!