Naze32, DX6, Cleanflight: Stick movement won't register

Hello all. I am using a Naze32 Acro board with the DX6, cleanflight and a spektrum 6 channel AR610 receiver for a Flitetest Versacopter. I followed all of the directions on the build videos. I flashed the board with the latest firmware. This procedure worked and when I tilt the board the graphic image moves on Cleanflight. When I go to receiver tab, the aux switches register movement of the bars -- so I know the receiver is bound. The problem is that the sticks (thr, ail, rudder, ele) do not register on the receiver tab. Anyway, I have tried all combinations of settings but just can't get it to work. Please advise if you have been successful with Naze32, Cleanflight and DX6. I am new to this but have searched many forums and can't seem to find an answer. Thanks so much!

edit: FYI, I am able to control the motors through Cleanflight.

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Do you have a picture of how the RX is connected to the Naze? Also how do the bars look in the receiver tab. Are they centered near 1500 or are some low and some high.

Colors of wires vary from one harness to the next. I'll number them from pins in the board. 1-5 top row, 6-10 bottom row.

when board is plugged into computer, blue light is solid, green light flashes.

Pin# 1 to receiver thr ground
#2 to rx thr power
#3 to rx thr signal
#4 to rx ail signal
#5 to rx ele signal
#6 to rx rud signal
#7 to rx geear signal
#8 to rx aux1 signal
#9 & #10 not used

Receiver Tab: all bars are centered at 1500 with the exception of throttle which is at 885. Only aux bars move when I flip corresponding switches.

Last edited:
Update

I took it to the local hobby shop and stumped a couple of folks there. They suggested that I use a satellite rx (Spektrum) instead of the AR610. He soldered the power wire to the board and plugged in the other two pins and it worked. If anyone is interested I will upload a photo. I am still interested to know whether it is possible to use an AR610 and DX6 with the Naze32 Acro. Please let us know if you were able to make it work.

Brownlensman

I've got an AR600 with my NAZE32. Cleanflight shows all proper responses on Receiver tab (including throttle). Motor tab runs motors. Throttle input from DX9 does not move motors. What am I doing wrong?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I took it to the local hobby shop and stumped a couple of folks there. They suggested that I use a satellite rx (Spektrum) instead of the AR610. He soldered the power wire to the board and plugged in the other two pins and it worked. If anyone is interested I will upload a photo. I am still interested to know whether it is possible to use an AR610 and DX6 with the Naze32 Acro. Please let us know if you were able to make it work.

Good to hear you got a functioning setup. Sorry I could not help very much. Using a sat RX is nice, but like you are, I am still curious as to why the AR610 was not working properly.

I've got an AR600 with my NAZE32. Cleanflight shows all proper responses on Receiver tab (including throttle). Motor tab runs motors. Throttle input from DX9 does not move motors. What am I doing wrong?

Are you arming the motors with full down and to the left on the left stick (mode 2)?

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Ok what is the value you have for throttle at its lowest position, and what are your values for minthrottle and mincommand. Also try arming by doing down and to the right, but with a little bit more up on the throttle.

RCdude_01

I have the same problem.

Tell me exactly what you did to overcome the problem where you couldn't get stick movements to show up in cleanflight.

TexasTeacher

Ready to Crash
I am using the Spektrum AR7700, it PPM and it works well once i figured out it needed to be soldered to port 4 on the NAZE32 Rev 6