Help! Naze32 firmware issue

IronWill98

Hey guys, Ive been beating my head against this for the better part of the day and just can't figure it out. I can flash the firmware version 1.14.2 - NAZE to my Naze32 but if I ever go above that version, so v2.0.0 through v2.5.0 the green flashing light on the board stops and it just turns blue. As far as I have been able to find that means its in bootloader mode but after it turns blue I can no longer flash it normally and Cleanflight, Betaflight and Baseflight can no longer see it so I have to go back to 1.14.2 by holding a jumper across the boot pins. I wouldn't bother updating it to the most recent but Cleanflight requires it and its my preferred software (although I'm getting close to just switching). I am on win 7 and have reinstalled the CP210x and STM USB drivers a few times now but I'm out of ideas. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated as I'm pretty sure that I'm missing something.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
You can try the impulsedriverfixer tool. But to be honest those boards are no longer supported.

It would be far less frustrating to upgrade to a newer fc at this point. You will thank yourself if you did a fair amount of flying on that fc. Soooo much has changed making it much much better.

IronWill98

Ah darn ok, impulsedriverfixer couldn't find the board either. Any suggestions on a new fc that is the same size and if possible general layout? I was doing some research into them but theres quite a few and I don't have the knowledge for this hobby yet.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
If you are planning for that quad to be around a while I suggest a new f7 flight controller.

If not you could get an f4 flight controller a little cheaper but they are next on the chopping block for support.

Most flight controllers today are pretty stable. It comes down to matching features to what you want / need to do.

Just be aware if you do not buy direct from the makers there is a fair chance of getting a clone where things have not been reverse engineered properly. Banggood is known for that crap.

Do proper research on what you want. Then search you tube for that fc and cloning. Usually people post how to spot fakes. Some times the makers do as well. Some even make them serialized where they need to be actvated in order to flash them.

Reactions: FDS

CRyan

I JUST FOUND THE SOLUTION!!!! Go to the latest version of betaflight, and flash your board with the
betaflight_3.1.0_NAZE.hex. :) You are welcome (even though I'm sort of Necroposting) I was beating my head against the wall trying to use cleanflight, but betaflight seems to have fixed my issue.

https://github.com/betaflight/betaflight/releases/tag/v3.1.0
Edit: Let me know if this doesn't work for you, I have a couple other tricks I can shoot your way

Reactions: FDS

FDS

Elite member
If people just stopped buying Naze32 boards and got something with an F4 or F7 board on which are now widely available, cheap and much better then the work around wouldn’t be necessary. That still doesn’t solve the high CPU load and lack of UARTs on the old boards.

CRyan

The only way this board could be less expensive for me is if someone paid me to use it. :) I use what I have. I intend to buy a new F7 board at some point.

FDS

Elite member
I still wouldn’t fly one, even if it was free. Thanks for posting a possible solution though, other than the trash!