Naze32 Not Connecting to Baseflight or Cleanflight

ludwant

Hey everyone,

I've been flying a quad with a Naze32 Rev6 line of sight for the past few weeks, and recently I just installed all the equipment to start FPV flying (camera, vtx, antenna, and micro minimOSD). However, when I went to change some settings on my Naze, Cleanflight wouldn't let me connect. It just said "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed". This started after I had the Rx and Tx contacts on the Naze connected to the Rx and Tx contacts on my OSD, which I read would take up the serial port and not allow the Naze to communicate with Cleanflight. However, even after I disconnected those wires, the problem persists. I've tried reflashing, tried reflashing the boot contacts jumpered, and tried using Baseflight. Nothing has worked so far. If you guys have any solutions, that'd be great! Thanks!:D

Tmarter

Hey everyone,

I've been flying a quad with a Naze32 Rev6 line of sight for the past few weeks, and recently I just installed all the equipment to start FPV flying (camera, vtx, antenna, and micro minimOSD). However, when I went to change some settings on my Naze, Cleanflight wouldn't let me connect. It just said "No configuration received within 10 seconds, communication failed". This started after I had the Rx and Tx contacts on the Naze connected to the Rx and Tx contacts on my OSD, which I read would take up the serial port and not allow the Naze to communicate with Cleanflight. However, even after I disconnected those wires, the problem persists. I've tried reflashing, tried reflashing the boot contacts jumpered, and tried using Baseflight. Nothing has worked so far. If you guys have any solutions, that'd be great! Thanks!:D

Are you able to flash it, but not able to connect it to the Configurator? or Does it fail to connect period?

-Have you checked any for any obvious, yet subtle differences since you last got it to successfully connect, like using a different Micro USB cable, or different USB port on the PC?

-Correct COM Port Selected?

-Do the LED's and/or beeper work as you plug in the Flight Controller to the PC?

-Are there any loose solder joints on the board making intermittent contact?

All the obvious stuff aside, re-trace the steps you made, and try and recall any settings that you changed since it last connected, and list what it was.

I'll have to read some notes I left for myself a while ago on getting my MinimOSD to work on my NAZE32 Rev 6, and where I ran the wires. I'll post back as soon as I come up with something.

ludwant

LEDs flash normally on the Naze. I'm using the same USB port and cable on my computer, and I didn't changed any settings on the Naze the last time I connected. The USB port is also the same in Cleanflight. I can't flash the firmware without jumpering the boot contacts.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
If you are running an older version of Cleanflight on the naze, the newer configurator apps won't work, and they generally auto-update. I'm not sure this is your problem, I remember hearing a different error message reported, but it's someplace to start. You can either download the old configurator app or flash the new version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzqrCa78SfA&t=243s

ludwant

I just tried connecting again and it worked... Very very weird. Now I'm just trying to get my micro minimOSD to work; it just keeps flashing "Disarmed/No Data" and displays the battery voltage at 0.0V

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I just tried connecting again and it worked... Very very weird. Now I'm just trying to get my micro minimOSD to work; it just keeps flashing "Disarmed/No Data" and displays the battery voltage at 0.0V

Try reversing your Rx and Tx connections on the FC or OSD. Sometimes the labeling convention gets lost in the translation.

ludwant

Ok, I was dumb and connected Rx to Rx and Tx to Tx, which is why the OSD wasn't getting data :p Everything is working now except for the battery voltage, which shows flashes and says 0.0V

ludwant

Ok, I figured it out! I switched from using the Bat1 pad to using the Bat2 pad and it works perfectly. One weird thing is though that the TBS Unify Pro is kinda fidgety with the antenna... When I move the antenna sometimes the video cuts out, and I have to move the antenna back.