Naze32 Rev6 won't flash

lububoli

Hi guys!

So i have been having this problem for a while now but a can't seem to flash my Naze32 Rev6 flightcontroller. I have installed the CP210x Drivers and the vcp drivers. I have tried flashing it on BetaFlight, CleanFligt and Baseflight. None of them seem to work. This is my first time building a quadcopter so i am very confused. Please help me!

Thanks from Daniel

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Before you start Beta/Clean/Base flight, does your computer OS connect to the board?

Windows will chime when it connects. You should be able to see the board in your device manager.

If your OS isn't seeing the board, the Flights won't be able to connect either.

The single most common cause for the OS not seeing the board, wrong type of USB cable. You need a cable that passes data, not just power. :)

lububoli

Yes. The boards connects to Windows and comes up as Silicon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM6). When i try to flash it, it says: "STM32 - timed out, programming FAILED"

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Jumper cable as in USB or jumper cable as in you soldered a bridge across the flashing pads?

There are pads on a Naze32 that you have to bridge during flashing. I used a paperclip and held it in place but some people bridge the gap with solder and then remove the bridge when programming.

lububoli

Don't know if these are any good but i used these:

Attachments

• jumper-wire-500x500.jpg
    jumper-wire-500x500.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0

FDS

Elite member
I would seriously consider a more modern F4 flight controller. You can get easy to set up all in one F4 boards for under $30 that will so,ve many of these type of problems.

FDS

Elite member
Look for something with a wiring diagram you can understand. I like the Matek F405 AOI as it has a super clear wiring diagram, look at the connection guide on the linked page. It doesn’t need a separate PDB and I have an 18 month old build with one in that still flies flawlessly. It has plenty of features for the price too.
Watch out for clones of the Airbot Omnibus boards, there’s lots of those around.

cranialrectosis

Mentor
Didnt F3 boards still require the CP210 drivers? Im not sure if Impulse driverfixer tool would bypass that or not because of the age.

Yep. Never needed the Impulse tool on W7 but it saved me a few times in W10 with those boards in 2016.

I'm still willing to bet a solder bridge on that Naze will do the trick, but an F4 board is still a better solution IMO.

FDS

Elite member
Save yourself some grief and buy a good F4 All in One flight controller, it does away with the PDB and will give you much better set up and flying. I like the Matek F405 AOI board, mine has been super reliable and it has great wiring info online.

FDS

Elite member
You don’t need to reflash them to make them work, most modern boards ship with perfectly useable firmware. I have never had a problem flashing a Matek controller, I have done 4 different ones now. I don’t have a PC tho, so drivers aren’t a problem for me. Impulse RC Driver Fixer should work easily with all F4 and above flight controllers. F3 is a stone age technology in quad terms. I wouldn’t touch a Naze32 board now.