Naze32 Video 'How to' Series now on YouTube

Painless360

Hey,

Just a quick note to let you know that my latest flight controller series about the Naze32 is now available on the Painless360 YouTube channel - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYsWjANuAm4p47OBBTOo4Xr3lNUc8PFpc

In the video series we have videos that cover initial setup, advanced basic setup, Adding MinimOSD, adding sonar, adding voltage alarm, adding GPS and adding LEDs, introduction to flight modes and How to use Autotune (coming soon).

I hope that some of these video provide interesting and useful to those pilots using the Naze32 to build a multi-rotor..

Happy flying!

narcolepticltd

I unbuild stuff regularly
Watching now, as at the moment the more perspectives available on setting these up the better (for me, since I'm about to set one up for the first time). Very good point regarding testing the board in your configurator prior to soldering, as it isn't something I've heard brought up in other videos yet. It would definitely be awkward to have a bad board, trying to get it replaced if you've already soldered pins to it.

You should post more btw... this being your first post on the forums promoting your videos looked a bit suspicious at first =). There's a great group of guys on this particular sub forum especially, so keep your eyes peeled!

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Welcome to FliteTest Painless!

I was looking for how to connect BlueTooth to the Naze32 today and I don't see it in your list of productions. Did you cover it in one of your Naze videos? You may also want to try a video for setting one of these up as a tricopter. :)

Nice post Painless and a really nice video suite.

Painless360

Thanks for the comments, I've watched the Flitetest podcast series for a long time and am a big fan and even built a few of the models from the downloaded plans (built a few versa wings).

One of my subscribers - who is following the Naze32 series - recommended that I post a link here for people to find and I thought it was a nice idea. Glad you found the videos useful.

I am planning to add an 'adding Bluetooth to Naze32' quick tip in the future, there are videos on how to setup and configure the BT module using the Arduino program already on the channel for MultiWii. They may help in the mean

Thanks again for the feedback. Happy flying!

eagle4

Hey Painless, nice videos mate.
I am having a problem arming my naze32, I have set it up to arm with a switch on my transmitter. everything looks fine in baseflight. when i go to arm it. i need to flip the switch then go full throttle, then zero throttle a couple of times before it will start to work. it normally beeps too once its ready to go. I'm not sure why i need to do this dance with the throttle. shouldnt it be armed when the switch is flipped. as is indicated in baseflight?

cranialrectosis

Faster than a speeding face plant!
Mentor
Hey Painless, nice videos mate.
I am having a problem arming my naze32, I have set it up to arm with a switch on my transmitter. everything looks fine in baseflight. when i go to arm it. i need to flip the switch then go full throttle, then zero throttle a couple of times before it will start to work. it normally beeps too once its ready to go. I'm not sure why i need to do this dance with the throttle. shouldnt it be armed when the switch is flipped. as is indicated in baseflight?

Are you waiting for the Naze to give you three beeps indicating the Naze is ready BEFORE you attempt to arm the copter?

Painless360

Hey, does it arm fine with the 'default' low throttle/rudder right stick combo if you take out the ARM mode in Clean/Baseflight? Had this ever armed ok using the ARM mode?

You need to give the board a few seconds to start and then (if you have a buzzer connected) it will beep three times and the middle LED will go out to show you it's ready to roll. Watch for that light to go out before trying to arm.

Also, triple check that the throttle channel hasn't become reversed and remove the props while you are troubleshooting -less painful that way ;)

Best of luck..

Hybrid Ind

Hey guys I'm having some issues with my brand new Naze32 Acro board. The receiver inputs are acting really weird, wondering if i have a bad setting or maybe even a bad board. Im using the PWM setup. The board is seeing the inputs but all four are always matched at the same input, its kinda hard to explain so I made a short video of it with my cell phone, if you have a sec check it out and let me know what you think. Also i have this same Tx Rx running perfectly on a CC3D board, so i know its not those causing issues. Heres the link and Thanks in advance.http://youtu.be/P3I312WDmr8

nilsen

Hey Painless,

Welcome and it's great to have you on the forum.
I added sonar to my miniquad thanks to your video but as you pointed out it's pretty gimmicky and not very useful :)
It's gone again.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cheers