Naze32 Voltage Telemetry using Frsky d4r-II

dukeFlywalker

Just finished my first multi-rotor build. Most everything works great (as far as I can tell being a newb) except that the voltage I am receiving through telemetry is lower than the voltage I directly measure from the battery using a multimeter. My tx displays 2.8v per cell and my multimeter shows 3.8v. Has anybody else run into this issue? Is there something I may have misconfigured in Cleanflight?

Last edited:

Gothikon

Could you explain how you got it working in the first place?

I'm using the same combo; D4r-II, Naze32 and Cleanflight but haven't had any luck.

So far I've:
- Connected FrSky Tx pin to Rx on D4r-II
- Connected battery to voltage monitoring pins on Naze32 board
- feature TELEMETRY
- set telemetry_provider = 0
- set telemetry_inversion = 1

I'm expecting to see the main battery voltage on A2 on Taranis but I only the receiver voltage and RSSI indicators seem to be working. Do I need to configure something on the Taranis?

ExperimentalRC

Could you explain how you got it working in the first place?

I'm using the same combo; D4r-II, Naze32 and Cleanflight but haven't had any luck.

So far I've:
- Connected FrSky Tx pin to Rx on D4r-II
- Connected battery to voltage monitoring pins on Naze32 board
- feature TELEMETRY
- set telemetry_provider = 0
- set telemetry_inversion = 1

I'm expecting to see the main battery voltage on A2 on Taranis but I only the receiver voltage and RSSI indicators seem to be working. Do I need to configure something on the Taranis?

Is vbat enabled in cleanflight on the naze32?

Im not a frsky guy yet so I cant really help too much.

dukeFlywalker

Finally figured this out through some trail and error. Turns out I needed to adjust the Voltage Scale setting (see attached image) to get the voltage measured directly from the battery by multimeter to match what the naze was reporting. The default value is 110; I had to go up to 114. Hopefully this will help another newb in the future ;)

Screen Shot 2015-03-15 at 9.22.25 PM.png