NEAT Fair

kgv

NEAT Fair Sept. 15, 16, 17, 18 2016
Sept. 15, 16, 17, 18 2016
The nations largest gathering of electric model aircraft held
in the Catskill mountains in lower NY state in mid September.

http://www.neatfair.org/

tyoho

any pics or videos?

My camera was hiding in that pocket of my duffel bag I never use, so I got zero pictures or videos this weekend.
I saw a few flitetesters there, do any of you have any pictures or videos to post?

willsonman

Builder Extraordinare
Mentor
I'd be interested in their numbers to back up that claim. With 1200+ pilots and 4000+ spectators at FTFF this year I think it may have them beat.

Craftydan

Hostage Taker of Quads
Staff member
Mentor
Now, now Wilsonman, It's not a contest, even if we did win ;)

That . . . and FTFF wasn't in the Catskill mountains in lower NY state in mid September . . . of which NEAT almost certainly was the biggest festival in that region on that week.

tyoho

I think their number are declining

This was my fourth time there but first time camping.
It seems to me that it is in a bit of a decline both in attendance and vendors.(but I could be wrong)
I really hope to get out to Flitefest but this will have to do in the meantime.

BTW, if you watch the video of Saturday's mass warbird launch I'm the one flying the bloody wonder with full length streamer (in flight drop BTW).

I don't launch until about 2:15 and you don't see me with the steamer until around 2:38
It was a blast! A guy two pilots down from me cut the steamer twice and was just super pumped. you can hear him hoot'n and holler'n near the end of the video.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
This was my 4th NEAT. I went because the friends I have there. Same reason I went to Flite Fest. Other than the fact that I have friends at both events, the two events offer very different yet valid experiences. The guys that go to NEAT will still go to NEAT. Pilot attendance was about the same if not a bit larger than last year but probably won't ever change much. The current venue is pretty much at capacity. It was no way as large as Flite Fest. Vendor attendance was down and I was unimpressed by the majority of "deals" that the were there. Although there was a new battery vendor with some awesome deals. Their swap shop is always a huge success. I sold some of my old white foam FT kits and well as some other planes to make was for new additions to my fleet. They did have many raffles and drawings for cool things like a Carbon Z T28. I don't expect their website to change much in so far as any attendance claims go. They don't do a lot of updating. I've always been sad that the FT crew had a bad experience. I always love to see the FT crew when I have the chance, unfortunately NEAT probably won't be one of them. :( Still I had a blast with my friends. They do put on some cool "Community Events" that I have yet to see at Flite Fest. But like I said before, the two events offer very different yet valid experiences.

Rasterize

Maker of skins and decals for foam board RC planes
Mentor
Rasterize, what kind of "Community Events" do they have?

Mostly racing and obstacle course games done in large party tents with different micro aircraft; Vapors UMX Radians, Tiny Whoops etc. Many had prizes donated by sponsors since many of the events have been around for years and are well known. NEAT had it's 17th year after all. People get together. Stuff happens. ;)