NEED A MENTOR

sai vikas

Hi,
I am new to R/C flying and looking for a mentor who can guide me all the way posdible....Can any one help me

earthsciteach

There are two beginner planes that I always recommend. The first is the Hobby Zone Super Cub. It is a three channel plane (no ailerons) but is a fantastic flying one! And, when you have developed your skills, you can modify it to 4 channel and put in a brushless motor. Then it REALLY becomes fun! It comes with a SPektrum DX4e transmitter.
http://secure.hobbyzone.com/HBZ7400.html
I'm sure you can find it from a site that would be more "shipping friendly" to India.

The second I recommend is the Hobbyking Bixler. This plane is pure fun to fly. It has such a wide envelope from floating slowly near the ground to doing aerobatics and zipping across the sky. My favorite is to fly it on windy days. It hovers like a gull in the wind! I upgraded the motor on mine, but the stock motor does just fine. I like to use 6x3e APC props on it. Much better than stock. It will carry a 2200 mah, 3-cell battery just fine. That gives nice, long flights, particularly if you are just gliding around.
http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor...eady_to_Fly_w_Optional_Flaps_Mode_2_RTF_.html

It is also marketed under the name, Sky Surfer from other vendors.
Let us know if you have any more questions.

Ak Flyer

Fly the wings off
Mentor
I'm pretty much going to agree with earthsciteach. We've made the same recommendations for years because those two planes have stood the test of time. This topic comes up a lot. If you want to have everything you need show up in one box, you just can't beat the hobbyzone supercub. I learned on it, most of my friends learned on it,we've all taught many people to fly with it. As teach said, you can also modify it as your skills increase. Even veteran pilots still have fun with them.

Last edited:

NewZee

those are two great beginner planes, and both have one more serious advantage..... spare parts are readily available! to repair any damage done due to hard landings.