Need A New Battery For The Champ

CatholicFlyer

Well, I thought we got the battery inside after our last wild flight session, went to charge the battery and was not in the box, so can someone point me in the direction of the battery for the Champ? it has a USB charger.

CatholicFlyer

well I found them on the Hobbyzone Amazon page where we bought the champ, but how to hold them in better, the velcro they sent is awful. I guess tape?

JTarmstr

Elite member
well I found them on the Hobbyzone Amazon page where we bought the champ, but how to hold them in better, the velcro they sent is awful. I guess tape?

When I had my champ I taped it in place, but that was a while ago, my champ died a horrible death 25 feet nose into the ground 3 years ago. great little plane though.

CatholicFlyer

Many years ago I converted my Champ to use inexpensive 250mah cells like this. I stuck them on with a bit of velcro, and it carried the slight additional weight just fine. The roughly double flight times were great.
yeah I noticed when we were checking the plane for it's first flight, we would test the throttle, it would pull me and I'm a pretty good size and it had no problem with the small battery.