Need Betaflight 10.4.1 help

Thorondor

I'm trying to set up air mode on my Mobula7 but I've encountered some issues. My goal is to have no motor idle when in horizon mode but have some motor idle when in acro mode.

1. I thought air mode was a setting that affected acro and horizon modes, but apparently it's a flight mode all by itself? I would assume it's identical to acro
mode but with a motor idle?

2. Changing the motor idle % value on the configuration tab only affects the motor idle in horizon mode (which I want to stay at 0). The motor idle when in air mode is ridiculously high, but I can't find a way to change it anywhere.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
Air mode essentially increases PID gains at low/zero throttle. For it to work, the motors cannot stop, so motor_stop is overridden when air mode is enabled.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
So how would I go about setting a motor idle for one flight mode only?

I'm not sure you can. The only thing I can think to try is to enable motor_stop, and use air mode as an actual mode (as opposed to a feature) on the flight modes you want to have an idle speed. If you enable air mode as a feature, motor_stop is disabled. Not sure how it will behave as a mode.

Thorondor

I'm not sure you can. The only thing I can think to try is to enable motor_stop, and use air mode as an actual mode (as opposed to a feature) on the flight modes you want to have an idle speed. If you enable air mode as a feature, motor_stop is disabled. Not sure how it will behave as a mode.
I guess I'll just have to live with motor idle in horizon mode. Where do I suggest new features to the Betaflight team?