need CAD training?

bracesport

Legendary member
Phil here - some know me as Bracesport. :D

As we faced the Covid19 head on a couple of things have changed - We have been involved in distance learning with the kids and we have been working from home - While I am still an active industrial designer, while locked down I have been doing plenty of CAD work (mostly for glider related projects), but it got me thinking..

Over the last 15 years I have seen a lot of job applications and we have hire a number of graduates and what sticks out for me is the shift to 3D CAD tools as a competency in their resume’s and yet the level of competency is quite low when the rubber meets the road - I imagine this is the same for hobbyists.

I love the modern CAD tools and with programmes like ‘ONSHAPE’ now functioning in the cloud, I see it as critical that CAD enthusiasts can learn to control CAD rather than letting the CAD control you.

I switched professionally to ‘ONSHAPE' three years ago (ONSHAPE was developed by John Hirshtick who Designed the SolidWorks program back in the day). Onshape has free student licences and I would love to help you out in some way to provide the tools and skills to Design with CAD, rather than cut solids into shapes! At this stage in my professional career I think I can offer experience and value to anyone wishing to learn CAD.

I have added a couple of images from projects that often have no straight lines - it is critical as a designer to master the control of the tools to properly visualise the intent. You can learn how to use CAD on the internet with YouTube help videos, but the difference is in how to draw rather than how to use the program.

I can do one-on-one training and I will charge US$120 for four one hour sessions (US $30 each lesson) plus one free introductory session (you will also have homework)! For group sessions of 2 to 4 people I will charge US $50 each and the sessions will be 1.5hrs each.

Pro/advanced lessons also available to assist you with your own projects.

POST in this thread if you are interested, or PM me if you prefer?

All the best,
Stay Safe,

1.png
2.png
3.png
4.png
5.png

Last edited:

Keno

Phil here - some know me as Bracesport. :D

As we faced the Covid19 head on a couple of things have changed - We have been involved in distance learning with the kids and we have been working from home - While I am still an active industrial designer, while locked down I have been doing plenty of CAD work (mostly for glider related projects), but it got me thinking..

Over the last 15 years I have seen a lot of job applications and we have hire a number of graduates and what sticks out for me is the shift to 3D CAD tools as a competency in their resume’s and yet the level of competency is quite low when the rubber meets the road - I imagine this is the same for hobbyists.

I love the modern CAD tools and with programmes like ‘ONSHAPE’ now functioning in the cloud, I see it as critical that CAD enthusiasts can learn to control CAD rather than letting the CAD control you.

I switched professionally to ‘ONSHAPE' three years ago (ONSHAPE was developed by John Hirshtick who Designed the SolidWorks program back in the day). Onshape has free student licences and I would love to help you out in some way to provide the tools and skills to Design with CAD, rather than cut solids into shapes! At this stage in my professional career I think I can offer experience and value to anyone wishing to learn CAD.

I have added a couple of images from projects that often have no straight lines - it is critical as a designer to master the control of the tools to properly visualise the intent. You can learn how to use CAD on the internet with YouTube help videos, but the difference is in how to draw rather than how to use the program.

I can do one-on-one training and I will charge US$120 for four one hour sessions (US $30 each lesson) plus one free introductory session (you will also have homework)! For group sessions of 2 to 4 people I will charge US $50 each and the sessions will be 1.5hrs each.

Pro/advanced lessons also available to assist you with your own projects.

POST in this thread if you are interested, or PM me if you prefer?

All the best,
Stay Safe,

View attachment 168401 View attachment 168402 View attachment 168403 View attachment 168404 View attachment 168405
The best things in life is learning. learn Cad and you will never look bad. Fly safe