Help! Need Cargo Plane Inspiration

mountaindewdude76

For electronics, we have a small handful of random servos that were gifted to us. Those will control the ailerons, flaps, steerable nose wheel, and elevator. No rudder because we are using differential thrust. We have two Vondrone VX 4114-400kv motors (from a previous X-Class build) and two BeeRotor 80amp esc's spinning 13" props on 8S. We have a centered cargo dropper, just below the main wing spar.

More pics to come (when I find them)

Ryan O.

Out of Foam Board!
Ok guys, I'm back! To recap, my buddy came to me and asked if we could build a rather large rc cargo plane together. I immediately thought of the Skyvan that Josh and the crew built. I showed that video to my buddy and he was excited. We got some insulation foam from Lowe's and began measuring, cutting, and glueing. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 situation, we have had to halt progress on the plane because of "Social Distancing" and the current "Stay at Home" order. Anyway...we are nearly done with the build, just waiting on the "Stay at Home" order to be lifted. I am terrible at documenting builds but here are a few pictures
nice. What's the wingspan, and will you be using Monster motors, or Emax GT motors. The Emax GT motors are much cheaper, and work great.

L Edge

Master member
Or attach a Motion RC P-15 Lippisch with an Estes rocket (future project idea) because launching it by hand or ground takeoff might result in something catching on fire ;)

Was going to drop a Bell-X1 from the transport and when it came down, nose it up and fire the rocket. Designed and built one, (needed a larger wing as you can see) so never got around to a redesign. But it works, and I got a chance to move the controls on the way up and assured myself it is feasible. It is almost like flying my 65% nitro Formula 1. Was nervous and you can see I kept backing up because you know rockets can flip,rorate etc and do damage.