Help! Need Cargo Plane Inspiration

mountaindewdude76

I spoke with my buddy today and I think we are gonna be building a Skyvan like Bicker and Alex used to drop their Gen 8 from. We wont be dropping our trucks from our plane but we'll find something to drop from it lol.

We're going 8S on our plane with twin motors. Should be fun!

Hondo76251

Legendary member
There is a plan for an FT "Monster Cruiser" that is far from cargo, but could get you a start with a wing profile and a twin power package in this scale using regular foamboard: https://forum.flitetest.com/index.php?threads/flite-test-monster-cruiser.60009/
I'd love to see a monster cruiser! The DH.88 is one of my favorite planes. I've been kicking the idea of a monster foam version of the FT cruiser myself...

While not exactly a cargo plane, I've used my reworked cruiser for some fun bomb drops, I can only imagine a 180% plane would be awesome!

mach1 rc

Master member
I spoke with my buddy today and I think we are gonna be building a Skyvan like Bicker and Alex used to drop their Gen 8 from. We wont be dropping our trucks from our plane but we'll find something to drop from it lol.

We're going 8S on our plane with twin motors. Should be fun!
I'll be following your build👍😀😀😀

speedbirdted

Legendary member
Build yourself an Arado 232, but don't drain your bank account buying wheels for it :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Arado-Ar-232-2.jpg

mountaindewdude76

Thanks very much to everyone that commented! My buddy and I have decided to use 3/4" insulation foam from Lowe's for our build (that's a long story). We bought 3 sheets and began cutting and gluing the fuselage. I'll start a new thread to document the build.

mountaindewdude76

Will you start a thread on it or post the pictures here? I'm eager to see what you come up with!
I appreciate your interest! Yes, I can start a new thread on the Skyvan build. I don't have as many pictures of the build as I would like (I am terrible at documenting builds) but I will share any and all pics that I do have. Thank you for your interest!

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
I appreciate your interest! Yes, I can start a new thread on the Skyvan build. I don't have as many pictures of the build as I would like (I am terrible at documenting builds) but I will share any and all pics that I do have. Thank you for your interest!
Cool! Could you post a link to the thread here when you get it up?

mountaindewdude76

Ok guys, I'm back! To recap, my buddy came to me and asked if we could build a rather large rc cargo plane together. I immediately thought of the Skyvan that Josh and the crew built. I showed that video to my buddy and he was excited. We got some insulation foam from Lowe's and began measuring, cutting, and glueing. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 situation, we have had to halt progress on the plane because of "Social Distancing" and the current "Stay at Home" order. Anyway...we are nearly done with the build, just waiting on the "Stay at Home" order to be lifted. I am terrible at documenting builds but here are a few pictures

Attachments

• 20200111_154313_resized.jpg
    20200111_154313_resized.jpg
    758.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20200113_084240_resized.jpg
    20200113_084240_resized.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 0