Need FPV Platform Ideas

saundw

I've been through an Easystar and an EPP FPV. I would like a nice quality platform with plenty of power that can carry some weight but can also go pretty fast. A kit would be fine, but I didn't have much luck with the EPP FPV. A ARF OR BNF or PNF would be great. Any thoughts welcome.

PLEASE POST IDEAS! :D

Nonamerc

Arman
I've been through an Easystar and an EPP FPV. I would like a nice quality platform with plenty of power that can carry some weight but can also go pretty fast. A kit would be fine, but I didn't have much luck with the EPP FPV. A ARF OR BNF or PNF would be great. Any thoughts welcome.

PLEASE POST IDEAS! :D

If you crashed both I think that you need some more experience. But if you long range/medium range FPV setup (1.2 GHz/2.4 GHz) you can buy the zephyr 2 from ritewing. Its a very fast/cool plane but you will need to be experienced. If you crashed them tell me how, there is a big difference between crashing your easystar on a calm day or on a stormy day... About the kit of the EPP FPV, i have heard some peope that the servo holes and other parts dont fit well. Its basicly a rip-off from the skywalker. A zephyr 2 will cary more then enough battery, check out the videos of rockyflyr on youtube. He has build videos and videos in which he flies it. (He builds them to but its a bit to expensive...)

saundw

If you crashed both I think that you need some more experience. But if you long range/medium range FPV setup (1.2 GHz/2.4 GHz) you can buy the zephyr 2 from ritewing. Its a very fast/cool plane but you will need to be experienced. If you crashed them tell me how, there is a big difference between crashing your easystar on a calm day or on a stormy day... About the kit of the EPP FPV, i have heard some peope that the servo holes and other parts dont fit well. Its basicly a rip-off from the skywalker. A zephyr 2 will cary more then enough battery, check out the videos of rockyflyr on youtube. He has build videos and videos in which he flies it. (He builds them to but its a bit to expensive...)

The easystar crashed because the ESC was overloaded causing it to restart along with the servos. This could've easily been avoided with an external BEC but I didn't have one on hand. I haven't crashed the EPP FPV simply because I haven't flown it due to the horrendous quality of the kit. Can you lead me to a quality SkyWalker that is better than the EPP FPV? (preferably not from Hobbyking). I have looked into the Zephyr 2, but I need some more flying wing experience before diving into that.

Nonamerc

Arman
The easystar crashed because the ESC was overloaded causing it to restart along with the servos. This could've easily been avoided with an external BEC but I didn't have one on hand. I haven't crashed the EPP FPV simply because I haven't flown it due to the horrendous quality of the kit. Can you lead me to a quality SkyWalker that is better than the EPP FPV? (preferably not from Hobbyking). I have looked into the Zephyr 2, but I need some more flying wing experience before diving into that.

I can tell as much about the skywalker as I want to but I think that you should see te review of my friend who bought the plane from hobbyking. (You can buy it to from bevrc) search for skywalker review nonamerc on youtube and be sure to subscribe. He has allot of batteries in his skywalker. It's also ideal for fpv since it has allot of place for batteries. (I suggest that you reinforce the tail with glass fiber, ( not that the tail will break, my friend did not reinforced it with glass fiber) One thing that I do suggest is that you buy a mg servos since the controll survaces are really big)

I hope that I helped you out.

Arman, Nonamerc

TommyG

Have a look at MikeysRC FPV3 it's a popular scratch build. Flitetest have even done a review and build video too