need help finding receiver for versacopter v2

Hunter_

Hello! So i am buying the versacopter V2 w/ power pack E, and i have a Spektrum DX6, and the AR610, what receiver do i need to get that HAS a GYRO in it, i have seen some spektrum receivers with AS3X 3 axis gyro, but im not sure if they will work! I would buy the MZ 12 and GR 18 combo, but the receiver looks and feels too cheap compared to the dx6! I just need a spektrum receiver with a gyro in it!

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Hi Hunter welcome to the forum! You don't need a receiver with a gyro in it. What you need is a flight controller. The receiver just receives input from the transmitter and relays it to the flight controller. The flight controller is what has the gyros and does all the computing and control needed to keep the versacopter stable. Popular and relatively cheap choices are the Naze32 or CC3D. Or you can spend a little more and future proof yourself a bit and get an F3 based flight controller like the Tornado.

Hunter_

Thanks! And i was thinking about the naze32, but it looked like a lot of work for a noob like me, i was hoping to find a spektrum receiver with a flight controller in it! But i might just have to do the naze32 board!

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Right, as far as I know Spektrum does not have any receivers with flight controllers built in. Graupner is the only one to do this. If you are not experienced in soldering I suggest you get a board that already has pins soldered to it. Like this - note that is the older version of the Naze32. The newest is rev 6, but rev 5 should work the same. Setting it up is not that hard. Flite Test has a nice Naze setup video and there are plenty of easy to follow tutorials online.

Hunter_

man you have helped me a tremendous amount! Im gonna buy that board! I'm actually thinking about just buying the one I have to solder because I'm going to have to solder the Versacopter aswell. .:black_eyed:

Last edited: