Need Help - HK Quad Copter Programer.

John Campbell

I have the KKMulticopter USB Programmer and I have everything recognized, but I need to change it from Plus Mode to "X" Mode. How do we do that? Any advice would be appreaciated.

ananas1301

Crazy flyer/crasher :D
I have the KKMulticopter USB Programmer and I have everything recognized, but I need to change it from Plus Mode to "X" Mode. How do we do that? Any advice would be appreaciated.

hey John,

I´d recommend you have a little closer look at this page. It explains practically everything very easy and tutorial like so you shouldn´t have problems following that :D
http://rcexplorer.se/Educational/HKKK/HKKK.html

Even with other control boards it is the same procedure. The only thing that is changing then is the controller you choose in the programm to reflash and I have not seen a KK board not being able to be reflashed so you should find yours there too :)

Hope I could help you here.

John Campbell

I now have it setup to where I can get to the X firmware. I choose it and then I get the following (See Image)

Error during setting the fuses
Flashing of Firmware Aborted.

avrsoftwarefail.jpg

John Campbell

Doing some research, it appears that it may not be seeing my programmer, but the computer is seeing it. What programmer do you use for the HK programmer.

John Campbell

Doing some research, it appears that it may not be seeing my programmer, but the computer is seeing it. What programmer do you use for the HK programmer.

My bust.... Software did not load correctly for the driver. Had to load the driver manually, even though it said it loaded correctly.

John Campbell

Is it working now then!?

Yes, worked very well... The directions show where to plug in the motors for "+" configuration, guess I will have to experiment (Without Props) as to what motors get plugged into what. I am guessing motor 1 is to the left of the direction of flight, but not 100% sure. Thanks for the assist.

Tritium

Amateur Extra Class K5TWM
John, I am just finishing up a micro quad and have a few questions. Did you discover the motor numbering for X configuration and what software image did you use? Also what direction does each numbered motor rotate and can they be reversed in software?

Thurmond