Help! Need Help Repairing Quad Arm

jack10525

Hello Guys,

I have a Hitec Quadracer 280 that I crashed (Wow how uncommon) and broke an arm off at the motor. I could not find a replacement available online. Seems this quad is old and not supported any more. Well I tried to glue the arm back on with 2 part epoxy. It worked until I landed a little too hard. So if anyone has suggestions on a more permanent fix I would like to hear it.

Attachments

• IMG_0256.jpg
    IMG_0256.jpg
    523.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0257.jpg
    IMG_0257.jpg
    372.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0258.jpg
    IMG_0258.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0259.jpg
    IMG_0259.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 0

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Is there enough room to drill a hole in each arm section to pin the break? Maybe drive a screw in the hole then cut off the head. Then drill a hole under the motor mount to accommodate the "Pin" and re epoxy the whole thing?

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
I don't think you're going to have much luck keeping that in one piece, have you considered upgrading and transplanting to a new frame?

jack10525

I don't think you're going to have much luck keeping that in one piece, have you considered upgrading and transplanting to a new frame?

Yes. This is what I was thinking too. Or modify the arm completely. I could drill a hole in the mount and put a carbon fiber tube through it but then I would need to do the other side too. Not there yet.