Need help setting up Aura 5 board with TX16s

Riptyde

I'm getting my wing set up to use my aura 5 board and my TX16s with a lemon spektrum RX.
I have the control surfaces moving in the right directions and the mixes are set up for a wing.

here are the two issues I am having
1 - How do you assign a switch to channel 5? in the video Josh just put out he referenced the channel 5 switch at 3:26.
(this also comes into play setting up and using ax3x/safe)

2 - I'm not getting the full range of motion out of my control surfaces.
On a standard rx (no aura board) I am getting 20 degrees of movements up and 20 degrees down.
With the aura board installed I'm only getting 10-13 degreed up and 10-13 degrees down.

I'm wondering if issue 1 is partially causing issue 2.
When I plug the aura board into my computer and connect the config tool I see there are three flight modes. It appears that each have a different percentage of throw. It almost seems like i'm stuck in the middle mode and therefore not getting the full throw.

I would greatly appreciate any help finishing the set up of this.

Riptyde

Update.
I figured out the channel 5 issue. Actually pretty easy.

I'm still not getting the range of throw that I get when plugged into a standard Rx.

Any help would be appreciated.

Spitfire76

Update.

I'm still not getting the range of throw that I get when plugged into a standard Rx.

As the Aura handles the rates and expos it could be the reason for the reduced range.
Aura Default rates and expo
Defaults From the Aura Config Tool:
Flight Mode 1, GyroOff/LowRate: Dual Rate/Expo = Ail 70/30, Elev = 70/25, Rud = 90/15
Flight Mode 2, LowGain/LowRate: Dual Rate/Expo = Ail 70/15, Elev = 50/10, Rud = 70/10
Flight Mode 3, HiGain/HiRate: Dual Rate/Expo = Ail 100/35, Elev = 100/25, Rud = 100/15

Riptyde

@Spitfire76 thanks. I did see these in the configurator tool. So if I change the flight mode 1, Gyro off, to have Ail/Elev/Rud to all have 100, I should be able to have a seperate switch to control my rates. Same for the other modes.
Basically all i want in flight mode 1,2 and 3 is to control if gyro is on or off and a seperate switch for rates.

Falcon89

Update.

For the benefit of the rest of us, could you explain how you were able to solve the channel 5 issue? I too am trying to access the 3 flight modes on my Aura from the TX-16s, but so far only one works! Thanks

Spitfire76

For the benefit of the rest of us, could you explain how you were able to solve the channel 5 issue? I too am trying to access the 3 flight modes on my Aura from the TX-16s, but so far only one works! Thanks
I still have yet to move from OpenTX to EdgeTX but the way I have it setup on my TX16s is in "Mixes" CH5 has an entry with a mixer name of "Modes" a source of switch SB, a weight of 84% and the rest default.

Falcon89

I still have yet to move from OpenTX to EdgeTX but the way I have it setup on my TX16s is in "Mixes" CH5 has an entry with a mixer name of "Modes" a source of switch SB, a weight of 84% and the rest default.
Fantastic, thank you! I'm sure there's no difference in EdgeTX. Can I ask why you used a weight of 84%? Seems like a strange random number!

I'm now running a boxer with EdgeTX and I'm struggling to understand what this accomplishes. Also, you'd be willing to upload a pic, that'd be really helpful!