Need help setting up Aura5 lite witih FrSky taranis and xm+ receiver

zozo

Hello, I am trying to hook up the aura 5 into this newly 3d printed airplane but when I plug in the channels as shown in the tutorial youtube video and create a new model in the reciever all the channels are messed up and none of them are in the right place. More so the throttle does not seam to do anything. Note I have put the reciever in TAER mode and using two different channels for the ailerons. Anyone has any suggestions on how to make the channels work properly?

Bricks

Master member
You need to go into your transmitter and change the channel order to TAER, still did not mention which receiver you are using.

zozo

THe transmitter is set the channel order to TAER. AS it is written in the title I am using a FrSky XM+ receiver.

zozo

No, I didn't try to hook up a different receiver. I have an unpacked FrSky S6R I will try with that one.

Bricks

Master member
Take the receiver you are using now unhook from the Aura and test it by hooking up the throttle to the different ports to be sure the controls are on the right port.

In other words checking to be sure your TAER is correct.

Bricks

Master member
OK sorry I am more of a Spektrum guy, since Frsky made a change to there protocol are you sure your radio will work with your receiver. Others have been bitten by this change.

CappyAmeric

Elite member
The Aura is meant to be coupled with a satellite receiver. There are 2 connection options for connecting the satellite receiver to the Aura 5 Lite. There different connection options as well and plugging a receiver into the incorrect one may not give the desired result.

FlexInnovation uses Spektrum protocols as default.

https://wiki.flexinnovations.com/wiki/Aura/UserGuide

zozo

I used this video,
they are not using a xq but a x90 however things should not change much. I feel like it is just a matter of configuring properly the radio for it to work. Also they are saying almost every possible occasion that it works with all kind of radios no matter of the type. In the configuration tool FrSky is in the list.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
To see if TAER is actually set properly in the radio and the receiver with out the Aura hooked up.

Actually, TAER is for Spektrum. Many OpenTX radios use AETR for their default channel configurations on the receivers. Might have to check and make sure you're configured with the correct connection...

zozo

I will switch the radio to AETR and recreate the model. Not sure how can I switch the aura to AETR or do I have to bother with it?