Need help setting up Aura5 lite witih FrSky taranis and xm+ receiver

dap35

Elite member
If you have a Windows based PC or Laptop, I would install the Aura Config utility and make sure the Aura is seeing the commands.
You can go though the setup wizard to tell it you are using FRSKY and also run through the training setup to match your TX to the Aura.

I fly with Futaba, where the throttle is reversed from how the Aura expects and for me the is the most reliable way to get things working.

zozo

I have tought about it and I have installed the aura config utility and when I've seen how many options are there I got overwhelmed and cancelled everything.

dap35

Elite member
I have tought about it and I have installed the aura config utility and when I've seen how many options are there I got overwhelmed and cancelled everything.
The basics are pretty easy. Run the wizard to create a new config and apply it (ie save it to the Aura). Then put it in live mode so that you can see what the Aura sees and the TX control movements.

Bricks

Master member
Actually, TAER is for Spektrum. Many OpenTX radios use AETR for their default channel configurations on the receivers. Might have to check and make sure you're configured with the correct connection...

From my understanding the Aura comes setup for TAER.

zozo

I've run the Aura configuration utility and I configured the ports according to my radion AETR still have very different outputs from what I have configured.

zozo

I have figured it out. For some weird reason the radio was configured as a mode3 radion and that has created all those weird issues. After I've used the aura configuration utility I managed to run all the channels as they supposed to work.