Need help setting up my first tricopter

TacoRC

Hi,

I just built my first tricopter from rc explorer and can't find anywhere to show where to hook up the leads to and how to set up the board. Could someone help me?

Dt750 motors
Kk 2.0 board
HK t20A ESC's
GWS EP1427 props

Fly Sky th9x transmitter.

Note: I flashed the ESC's as per v2.6 build, and can't get the esc,s programmed with the card. Even with an alternate power source, the board does not power up from the esc?

Thanks

dezertdog

Here is the site on programming your KK2.0 using an usbasp programmer, check out all the "Basic usage video tutorials": http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool

Latest stable (Windows) programmer software: http://lazyzero.de/_media/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool/kkmulticopterflashtool_0.63.zip

Select KK2 and load the KK V1.2 firmware to the board. Then on the board itself set the motor layout to "tricopter" (2:00 in this video):

The pinout for the KK2 board should be (going clockwise on copter starting front left) M1,2,3 and rudder servo on M4.

The Manual for the KK2 board is here: http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/uploads/181270330X7478X47.pdf

To calibrate the ESCs it says:

"Esc Calibration":
Instructions:
1: Important: TAKE OFF THE PROPELLERS OR DISCONNECT ONE WIRE FROM THE MOTOR!!
2: Turn off the FC power.
3: Turn on the transmitter and set the throttle to max.
4: Press down button 1 and 4, keep pressing until last step. Releasing the buttons aborts the
calibration.
5: Turn on power to the FC
6: Wait for the ESC to beep its full throttle calibrated signal. Takes a few seconds, depends on the ESC.
7: Lower the throttle to idle.
8: Wait for the idle throttle calibrated signal.
9: Release the buttons.

Last edited:

TacoRC

Oh...crap.. flashed it with openaero..now im really confused !!

How do I flash it back to KK1.2 ??

TacoRC

Found the link and reflashed it to KK2.0 V1.2

Now all I need is someone with a TH9X to tell me how they set up their radio.

:)

TacoRC

Ok...update. Got the programmer up and running. All the motors operate in the correct direction, and throttle response good. If some one could give me their expos and values, it would be appreciated.

jbalatutube

Normally i would set rates at about 55% for pitch and roll and leave yaw at 100% you dont really need expo unless you are taking video. If your throttle is too twitchy then you may need to make a throttle curve.
Dont know if the kk2 allows you to do any of this onboard since using too low rates on the Tx may give you arming issues.
Before you take off make sure all your controls are going the right way and all your gyros are counteracting your movements when you try to roll and pitch by hand. Be careful if you are doing any of this with the props on which is not recommended.

analog56x

would i be able to run one of these tricopters off a 4ch tx? ive got 2 spektrum dx4e's, and figure i could use one in a tri build if its possible... if not, im gunna be waiting a while, cause i dont have the cash for a new tx/rx right now...