Need help solving problem with my quad

rexion

Just finished building my second ever quad today. went out for a test flight and i am having problems with lots of bounce back on pitch, roll, and yaw axis how do i fix this?
Its really hard to control and feels sloppy when its doing this.

My quad parts
- EMAX 2205 2300KV
- 20A little bee oneshot125 ESC's
- SpRacing f3 evo
- QAV 210 clone
- triblade 5040 props
- foxer 600tvl camera
- tx5g2r 200mW
- TGY-iA6C receiver

Last edited:

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Bounce backs are generally a result of not having enough D gain, but can also be from too much P gain. For yaw a bounce back is usually from not enough P gain. Bounce backs are usually only seen after quick flips/rolls and quick, sharp inputs. If the quad is hard to control and sloppy during normal smooth flight then you may have too low P gain.

rexion

So tuning my PID's will fix this? And when I said bounce back it's more like after a sharp roll it will over correct and over correct the over correct and so on till it gets it right. It sounded like there was a difference in what I thought bounce back was and what you said it was.

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
Yes we are talking about the same bounce backs. PID tuning is definitely going to help. Start by increasing the D gain on roll and pitch, and P gain on yaw.

rexion

I worked on what i could while i had day light and it is getting lots better. I didn't know that PIDs affected the a quad that much. thanks for the help!

Snarls

Gravity Tester
Mentor
I worked on what i could while i had day light and it is getting lots better. I didn't know that PIDs affected the a quad that much. thanks for the help!

Good to hear. Yep PIDs are directly related to the control system of the quadcopter, and so alter the performance. As you learn more and get experienced with PID tuning you will be surprised at how well you can get your quad to fly.