• WP_20140612_003.jpg
    WP_20140612_003.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • WP_20140612_004.jpg
    WP_20140612_004.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23

Foam Addict

Squirrel member
Yes that is a good transmitter, but it's impossible to get new receivers for it.

I'd recommend the HK T6a or Turnigy 9x (not r) the use the same hobbyking branded receivers, have great range, and are both programmable (though the T6a requires a laptop and cable to program it. Be sure to get the "T6a programming cable" ).

Andrea

Yes that is a good transmitter, but it's impossible to get new receivers for it.

I'd recommend the HK T6a or Turnigy 9x (not r) the use the same hobbyking branded receivers, have great range, and are both programmable (though the T6a requires a laptop and cable to program it. Be sure to get the "T6a programming cable" ).

This one?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9042__Hobby_King_2_4Ghz_6Ch_Tx_Rx_V2_Mode_2_.html
and
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__9043__Hobby_King_2_4Ghz_6Ch_Tx_USB_Cable.html

Does it have "elevon mixing" ?

highflying

Go on your local eBay, and search FlySky FS-T6, a very good, budget radio with excellent features for it's price. And less than €60.

Stradawhovious

"That guy"
Personally I would get something that can be programmed "on board".

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/..._Module_8ch_Receiver_Mode_1_v2_Firmware_.html

Look at that one. 9 channels, easy to get RX for it, albe to be programmed right on the transmitter and it's just only slightly over your budget.

I've got a buddy who uses one of these, and the only complaints he has are with how the buttons are laid out. That said I've never used one, but would bet this would be a FAR better bet than the one you were looking at in your original post.

Epitaph

Ebil Filleh Pega-Bat ^.^
Mentor
The Walkera Devo 7E is €50 in Banggood, and you just have to install the Deviation software for it and it becomes 100% compatible with DSM2 and DSMX, as well as other protocols, and those receivers are pretty cheap from Hobbyking. Add a module inside and it can also be used with WLToys and many others. Also, the DSM compatibility opens up a world of BNF imported models for you to get. It is upgradable in switches and functions, and a small soldering point inside will increase the power output from 7mW to 150mW making it full range.

RoyBro

Mentor
+1 for the 9x. I've had both the T6 and the 9x. The T6 is only minimally programmable and you will quickly outgrow it. The 9x will serve you for many models. When you're ready, you can flash it with updated firmware like OpenTX which is the same firmware used by the FrSky Taranis.

But if you can only afford the T6, there's nothing wrong with it.

engineer

FliteTest crew recommends Turnigy 9x.

Personally, I have a 9XR, and it works great for me! It was more expensive, and you have to buy a module/receiver separately. Not the most budget-conscious option, but definitely workable! I'd imagine the 9x will do almost everything the 9XR does, and it comes ready to fly, right?

Andrea

I have bought the HK T6a in the end.
Do i have to make some changes if i want to use the TX for my tricopter?

Last edited:

RoyBro

Mentor
Probably not. The T6a can only be programmed if you purchase the USB programming cable (not included with the T6a, but should be).

The good thing is that the receivers are cheap. Buy a few. Also the receivers are compatible with the 9x if you decide to upgrade to a truly programmable radio. As I said, the T6 isn't very programmable.

joshuabardwell

Mentor
I adore my 9x. Out of the box, it is okay, but not spectacular. If you are willing to solder on an ICSP header and/or buy the "9x solderless programmer board" from Smartieparts, you can upload Open9x or er9x firmware to it, which makes its software as good or better than any radio on the market. At around $60, you just cannot find a better deal.