Solved Need help with a receiver and controller

Sneery

I'm back lol. I need help finding a receiver and controller that would fit in a FT Mighty Mini. I saw some on the FliteTest store but they have no reviews at all. I've tried looking on Google, Amazon, Ebay and have found some, but don't know what controller to get with them or if they work with my parts.
I'm running Power Pack F as well as a 3s 80c 850mAh 11.1 v Battery with a XT 30 connector, if that helps with the receiver.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
I'm back lol. I need help finding a receiver and controller that would fit in a FT Mighty Mini. I saw some on the FliteTest store but they have no reviews at all. I've tried looking on Google, Amazon, Ebay and have found some, but don't know what controller to get with them or if they work with my parts.
I'm running Power Pack F as well as a 3s 80c 850mAh 11.1 v Battery with a XT 30 connector, if that helps with the receiver.
any receiver will work wiht that electronics. I recommend getting flysky. its cheap and the fsi6x is a good transmitter. sspektrum is more expensive but better though.

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

I would expect any current PWM RX to fit in a FT MM, they are all around the same size, all small enough to fit.

Some info on your budget, if you expect to get into this long term or just trying it out, etc. Would allow someone to give a recommendation.

If your goal is 'as cheap as possible' - I have a TX/RX combo recommended in my signature. If you want to spend a bit more $, but have something that will last you 'forever', a Radio Master TX16S with the 4in1 module, will be able to work with just about any RX (that doesn't have a custom TX module that you would plug into the back of it), so you could get BnFs, both planes and quads and have them work with your TX.

Ligbaer

50 Percenter
I would expect any current PWM RX to fit in a FT MM, they are all around the same size, all small enough to fit.

Some info on your budget, if you expect to get into this long term or just trying it out, etc. Would allow someone to give a recommendation.

If your goal is 'as cheap as possible' - I have a TX/RX combo recommended in my signature. If you want to spend a bit more $, but have something that will last you 'forever', a Radio Master TX16S with the 4in1 module, will be able to work with just about any RX (that doesn't have a custom TX module that you would plug into the back of it), so you could get BnFs, both planes and quads and have them work with your TX.
Agreed

Sneery

Checked out your budget build, and a quick question about the charger. Will it work with XT30, or does it not matter? You have a XT30 battery in the build so I'm guessing it does, but how would you identify it? Is it by 2s, 3s, etc.

FlyerInStyle

Elite member
Checked out your budget build, and a quick question about the charger. Will it work with XT30, or does it not matter? You have a XT30 battery in the build so I'm guessing it does, but how would you identify it? Is it by 2s, 3s, etc.
no. 2s defines voltage. The charger should say that it has a xt30 or xt60 connector. if there is no such connector on there but jsut a white balance plug then it wont matter the connector on the baterry as long as you have the right cell battery that fits the charger

JasonK

Participation Award Recipient

that charger just uses the balance cable and works for 2s and 3s and only charges at 1A (IE very limited options). I wouldn't recommend a charger like that for anyone that plans on being in the hobby.. only for someone who wants to try things out as cheep as possible (with the understanding that it would need to be replaced/supplemented rather quickly if you choose to stick with it)

Sneery

that charger just uses the balance cable and works for 2s and 3s and only charges at 1A (IE very limited options). I wouldn't recommend a charger like that for anyone that plans on being in the hobby.. only for someone who wants to try things out as cheep as possible (with the understanding that it would need to be replaced/supplemented rather quickly if you choose to stick with it)
Ohh, I see, thanks