need help with first fpv system Please

rifled

I purchased a 400 mw 5.8ghz transmitter and receiver from China (I know my first mistake) and have been having a difficult time getting everything working. I have tested the camera by directly connecting it to a tv and it does work. I have tried every channel configuration possible and I never get sound or Audio. I called the manufacturer and they sent me another tx and rx free of charge and again I have the same problem. I have confirmed with a multimeter that everything is getting the proper voltage but again I get nothing on the display. Occasionally while switching channels I will get a brief 1/2 second of audio static but that is it. Is there anyway to confirm that the tx and rx are on the same freq?

Would anyone near Rhode Island be available to possibly help me in person if they are familar with FPV? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried to upload photos to this post but for some reason I keep getting an upload error.

The system I have is available to be seen at http://www.soodohobby.com/New-5-8g-400mw-8CH-AV-FPV-Video-transmitter-Powerful_g.html

FlyingMonkey

Bought Another Trailer
Staff member
Admin
Also, often the cameras have no microphones. So they don't transmit sound.

The transmitter has to have the antenna hooked up any time you have power applied. Otherwise it can get burned out.

rifled

I have the rc805 rx, never powered the TX without an antenna attached, and the lens cap is off. Lol. The TX had a built in microphone but the camera doesn't.

rifled

I have not gotten a video signal at all. I'm wonder if the documentation that came with it has the wrong channel settings for the dip switches. Is it normal that the switch positions for the rx and TX are different for the same channel? For channel 1 the TX is 3 up one down but the rx is 3 down 1 up? I have tried all different combinations but so far no luck. The only other thing I can think is they are actually on different frequencies. Thank for everyone's suggestions so far I appreciate it.

William A

Billy did it....
I'm wonder if the documentation that came with it has the wrong channel settings for the dip switches.

I remember reading about something like that somewhere on some branded units. Don't remember which, but it was like your thinking, on/off-up/down was switched.

jhitesma

Some guy in the desert
Mentor
Have you tried a different TV...maybe an older one. I have a 200mw boscam 5.8g set that I just got a week or two ago and it works with an old LCD screen I've had laying around for about 15 years waiting for a project...but when I plug the RX into my main TV all I get is an occasional blip.

Modern digital TV's just aren't very good at dealing with weaker analog signals in many cases.

rifled

I will give that a try. I have the Boscam ts353 and the rc305. Would you be able to post pictures of your channel settings?

William A

Billy did it....
Now I remember... It was the system I have. Didn't click till I seen your rc305.

Hang on,,, pics coming,,, after I go find my camera.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Found my camera, check this out.

TX is a RC351, dips in default, never touched.

RX dips is what I finally got to work.

I know, don't make sense to me also, but it works.

Attachments

• TX dips.jpg
    TX dips.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 29
  • RX dips.jpg
    RX dips.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

3FliteUK

I purchased a 400 mw 5.8ghz transmitter and receiver from China (I know my first mistake) and have been having a difficult time getting everything working. I have tested the camera by directly connecting it to a tv and it does work. I have tried every channel configuration possible and I never get sound or Audio. I called the manufacturer and they sent me another tx and rx free of charge and again I have the same problem. I have confirmed with a multimeter that everything is getting the proper voltage but again I get nothing on the display. Occasionally while switching channels I will get a brief 1/2 second of audio static but that is it. Is there anyway to confirm that the tx and rx are on the same freq?

Would anyone near Rhode Island be available to possibly help me in person if they are familar with FPV? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I tried to upload photos to this post but for some reason I keep getting an upload error.

The system I have is available to be seen at http://www.soodohobby.com/New-5-8g-400mw-8CH-AV-FPV-Video-transmitter-Powerful_g.html

Its got to be the Fatshark Predators!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9CXzV5lD5o&feature=c4-overview&list=UUrd8pzxzM5QrEAkmJD0NSrw

rifled

Hang on,,, pics coming,,, after I go find my camera.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

Found my camera, check this out.

TX is a RC351, dips in default, never touched.

RX dips is what I finally got to work.

I know, don't make sense to me also, but it works.[/QUOTE]

That's the same system I have and those are definitely not the setting the manual shows. Thank you i will try that as soon as I get home and let you know. Would you happen to still have your manuals? If so could you possible send me a pic of the channel settings if they are accurate? I appreciate everyone's help. Flitetest fans are the best

rifled

I tried those settings and still get nothing. I think both sets that they sent me might be on different frequencies. Does anyone know if there is s was to tell what frequencies they are by looking at the circuit boards? Are there model numbers or something that might confirm they are on different channels?

rifled

I have two of these systems so either both of them are defective or it's operator error. Lol. If there is anyone in the rhode island area that would be able to get this working I will gladly give you the second set.

William A

Billy did it....
Would you happen to still have your manuals? If so could you possible send me a pic of the channel settings if they are accurate?

Here's the back of the package that shows dip settings. IIRC, it was the only 'instructions' that came with them.

And after looking at those, I guess I should of read them myself. The dip settings on the package and were I ended up setting them at 'match'. Oh the amount of time I would of saved.

Attachments

• dips.jpg
    dips.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 29

rifled

Awesome, these are different than the ones that came with my system, I'll give those a try. Again Thank you for taking time to send these to me, I really appreciate your help

rifled

Is it possible that the system is pal or ntsc? I don't see anything that says what format it transmits? I think my monitor is only ntsc

Last edited: