Need help with Foam Board

Khuro

Hi there! I’m Khuro from Bangladesh. Here I only have access to depron foam. I was wondering if anybody knows how I can laminate paper with the foam board to make it easier to work with like on the FliteTest build kits. I was thinking on making a watery glue mixture to paint onto the paper and sticking it. Need some advice.

Indy durtdigger

Elite member
Only have access to Depron you say. Check out some of @shadeyB handiwork in the scratch build thread. We can't get the hobby version of Depron in the states anymore (providing that hasn't changed since I was looking for some a few months ago) and people hoard and pay absurd prices for the stuff. I have to head out to work now so don't have the time to find it but there is a thread on these forums where a user is laminating paper to make foam board and has a tutorial on how to do it.

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forum

Khuro

Only have access to Depron you say. Check out some of @shadeyB handiwork in the scratch build thread. We can't get the hobby version of Depron in the states anymore (providing that hasn't changed since I was looking for some a few months ago) and people hoard and pay absurd prices for the stuff. I have to head out to work now so don't have the time to find it but there is a thread on these forums where a user is laminating paper to make foam board and has a tutorial on how to do it.

Edit: Oh and welcome to the forum
thanks, idk about usa but depron is pretty cheap here, a little less than 5 dollars for an 5ftx5ft sheet

TEAJR66

Flite is good
Mentor
You can use packing tape on one side. Flip it over and put FT plans on the "inside". When you cut, make allowances for material thickness at the "A", B", and "C" folds, and the slots.

I've done this with MPF which is 6mm thick and has no lamination. Most material is squishy enough that you can keep the cuts the same and make no accommodations.

Merv

Site Moderator
Staff member
Packing tape, is how Andrew Newton does it. I’ve also seen him cover depron with laminating film.