Solved Need help with Gremlin build

ITGUY

I purchased the Gremlin a few months ago and built it to TJ's exact specs. After the build was done I hooked the board up to Betaflight and it connected right up. I just recently picked up the new Spektrum FPV Racing Serial Receiver and just today got that all ready to go. I bound my DX8 to the Gremlin and went all through the setup in Betaflight that TJ did. No issues there! When I had to change my motor direction I installed BLheli Suite32_32608. The software installed and no errors or issues. I hooked the cord to the flight controller and attempted to connect to BLHeli. The only avaliable ports are COM1 and COM3 (STMicroelectronics Virtual COM port. At first it connected just fine but would not read the ESC's. I would get a box displaying 4 ESC format found but all the ESC's were blank. AS I continued working with it I started getting COM port 3 errors. Now I get an info box that jumps up asking for me to Please connect ESC and power up (cycle Power) which has a bar that continually moves back and forth across the screen. Have you guys ran into this issue before? I am a heli guy and this is really my first multirotor that I have ever messed with that was built and configured. Any information you can provide for me to try or test would be great.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Hey mate. You have two threads running with the exact same posts.

Please ask a mod to consolidate them and delete one so people are not trying to help in both posts.

ITGUY

SO last night I checked all the connections and solder points. Multi meter shows to shorts on the board. I connected the multi meter at the point on the board where the ESC signal wire attaches and then onto the ESC itself and it was good. I opened betaflight and ran the motors up, no issue there. Closed betaflight and opened BLHeli and once again nothing but errors (all different errors) each time I tried to connect. I think maybe the BLHeli software might be having issues or maybe it doesn't have the correct "drivers" or Info for the ESC's inside the software. Can you guys link me to a know good copy of BLHeli so I can reinstall that and try it out. I am close to having this thing going just getting stopped by one thing.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
Think the lightbulb just lit..

Blheli32 suite wont work on stock gremlin esc's you have to use the blheli configurator on those.

I use the 16.5 .hex and run multishot on mine because it is faster then the dshot equivilent on the femto flight controller.

ITGUY

PsyBorg your awesome! I added the BLHeli Configurator into my Chrome browser and it worked beautiful. I need your help one more time.
I am having trouble now trying to get the Gremlin to arm. I have set it up in the modes tab on my flight mode switch on my DX8. When I move the switch in betaflight it moves down the ARM line and right into the yellow area where it should ARM. In TJ's video the box turned yellow when his switch hit the ARM zone, but mine does not. On the angle and horizon mode switch the box does go yellow when I enter that mode. Any ideas right off the top of your head?

Thanks,
Eric

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
That should have nearly every reason and solution to troubleshoot arming issues.

Reactions: FDS

ITGUY

PsyBorg you are awesome! Watch the video and checked on everything he talked about and found my throttle endpoints needed to be adjusted. It arms and flies now!