Need help with Wheatboard FT 3D. pleaseee

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Yesterday I finished FT 3d. It took me two days to finish it. The wings are made of wheatboard and the fuselage and tail of a type of foamboard used to make publicity signs. I picked it up from a workshop here in the city. I have never tried it before, it is extremely heavy because it is covered with cardboard instead of paper. But it is extremely light once you remove the paper.
I hope to maiden it soon.

I am using this
motor GForce E400 1250kv
with 9x4.7 or 9x6 prop
with this 30A ESC
1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

I may not be able to make a hover, but I think it would be okay. What do you think? Will this motor have enough power?

Zetoyoc

Elite member
I doint know much abouthte materials or the motor power to answer any questions but i did want to say, It is a very nice looking plane. I am looking forward to hearing about how it worked out.

-J

Bill Br

Yesterday I finished FT 3d. It took me two days to finish it. The wings are made of wheatboard and the fuselage and tail of a type of foamboard used to make publicity signs. I picked it up from a workshop here in the city. I have never tried it before, it is extremely heavy because it is covered with cardboard instead of paper. But it is extremely light once you remove the paper.
I hope to maiden it soon.

I am using this
motor GForce E400 1250kv
with 9x4.7 or 9x6 prop
with this 30A ESC
View attachment 149076 View attachment 149077 View attachment 149078

I may not be able to make a hover, but I think it would be okay. What do you think? Will this motor have enough power?

What is the weight and wingspan of the model ready to fly?

Bill Br

Is this plane https://store.flitetest.com/flite-test-ft3d-speed-build-electric-airplane-kit-838mm-flt-1008/p673672
Weight must be: 15.4 Oz (Fully assembled; without battery) , but with regular DTFB, but i actually don't know.
Wingspan should be: 33 Inches (838mm), but i need to verify.

If the weight is 15.4 oz (437 grams), this engine should be sufficient with a maximum 3s 2200 battery. But it is at the weight limit for the engine, so it may not be enough for some 3d maneuvers. A 3s 1000mha battery may be better.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
If the weight is 15.4 oz (437 grams), this engine should be sufficient with a maximum 3s 2200 battery. But it is at the weight limit for the engine, so it may not be enough for some 3d maneuvers. A 3s 1000mha battery may be better.
I am planing to maiden with 3s 800mAh, and see what happends. I am not very interested in hardcore 3D, just want to fly something different.

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Guys, i am thinkint to push the motor to its limits, but maybe it is not a good idea....
this is the motor motor GForce E400 1250kv it can run props up to 9 x 6 (3s) and 10 x 4.7 (2S). I am planing to use a 10x 3.8SF prop on 3S.... what do u thing?????
can i take the risk??????
will i burn my motor???
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
HELP PLEASEEEEEE

Grifflyer

WWII fanatic
Guys, i am thinkint to push the motor to its limits, but maybe it is not a good idea....
this is the motor motor GForce E400 1250kv it can run props up to 9 x 6 (3s) and 10 x 4.7 (2S). I am planing to use a 10x 3.8SF prop on 3S.... what do u thing?????
can i take the risk??????
will i burn my motor???
:unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:
HELP PLEASEEEEEE
Do a quick flight with the recommended prop, after you land check to see your motor temperature. If the motor isn't hot you can fly with that prop, if it's really warm you need to prop down.

Piotrsko

Master member
Since I believe you don't have a way to measure running current, the only thing you can do is run it for short periods of time and check temperature with your fingers after you stop the motor. Too warm to the touch is considered to be 120*f or 50C
see above, but I wouldn't fly it just hold it

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Do a quick flight with the recommended prop, after you land check to see your motor temperature. If the motor isn't hot you can fly with that prop, if it's really warm you need to prop down.
Good, think must try it and see what happends. Thanks for the advice

cdfigueredo

Elite member
Since I believe you don't have a way to measure running current, the only thing you can do is run it for short periods of time and check temperature with your fingers after you stop the motor. Too warm to the touch is considered to be 120*f or 50C
see above, but I wouldn't fly it just hold it
Thanks. that was what i did today early in the morning. Motor stay cold. no warm at all. with 10x 3.8, but just ran it for few seconds. Think i sholud run it longer.

rockyboy

Skill Collector
Mentor
Beautiful plane! :D

I think you're on the right path with testing out the motor/prop combination - I think it will be OK but good to be careful