Need Prop Savers

baronbernie

The FT Flyer is one of my favorite planes (along with Old Fogey, Old Speedster and a few more) because they are slow and easy to build and fix. Having built another Nutball and Flyer and finally attempting to add the propeller, I noticed that I had no more prop savers. Can anyone please tell me the size and where to purchase them.

Many Thanx

JGplanes

I use a prop saver on the FT Cub that I use for training. You would need to measure or look up your prop shaft dimensions. I purchased mine from amazon since I couldn’t find them local. If it’s a larger shaft motor you may have to reduce the size somehow.

rcspaceflight

creator of virtual planes
I know people have said that you can buy surgical tubing and slice it into O rings to use as prop savers. In the past I have tied fishing line around the screws and prop, but that was more to attach the propeller to the prop saver than for it to actually function as a prop saver. I've tried plumbing O rings from the hardware store, but those are far too strong to actually save the prop either.

I actually say try the surgical tubing idea if you can find some. You can always cut it thicker or thinner to get it to work properly.

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I know people have said that you can buy surgical tubing and slice it into O rings to use as prop savers. In the past I have tied fishing line around the screws and prop, but that was more to attach the propeller to the prop saver than for it to actually function as a prop saver. I've tried plumbing O rings from the hardware store, but those are far too strong to actually save the prop either.

I actually say try the surgical tubing idea if you can find some. You can always cut it thicker or thinner to get it to work properly.

Surgical tubing can be found at a lot of hardware stores now, like Lowes and Home Depot; just need to look in their plumbing aisle. They usually sell it by the foot.