Need Recommendations...

ghifarihanif

Hi Guys,
So i am planning on building a long-range Mapping and Monitoring Airplane,
I need a stable but fast airplane (up to 100 km/h), Can you guys give me some recommendations like wing span, airfoil type, Type of Plane, etc? :confused::confused:

ghifarihanif

No i don't have any experience, i am actually new to this kind of thing, I am just a mechanic in my team, and i am actually searching for an efficient design for that kind of mission... and by long range, i mean between 10-15 km

thank you for the link, very much appreciated

ghifarihanif

Well we need an airplane that is agile, efficient, and can carry heavy loads... by efficient i mean it has a long flight duration per battery

Userofmuchtape&glue

Posted a thousand or more times
Yeah okay. Well I don't have much experience with the big FPV planes, but the Believer reviewed on arxangles blog might be a good one. If I remember right, the flight time was around 2 hours.

ghifarihanif

Yeah, i have seen your review on the believer on your blog, it looks promising, maybe i can take some ideas from that design, thank you very much

Userofmuchtape&glue

Na it wasn't me mate, just linked his blog. But yes I quite like the look of the plane.

Are you going kit or scratchbuilt?

Userofmuchtape&glue

Ah okay.

Do you have access to a hotwire cutter CNC? How about foam? what type is available in your area? I use Knauf Insulation board, its XPS and 30 or 50mm thick.

ghifarihanif

We have all the tools, CNC and hot wire, yes we do have them, but it is not the construction that matters, but the design first

Userofmuchtape&glue

Right.

How's something like these? is this what your thinking it terms of design?

sky-hunter-kit.jpg

I am designing one of these out of XPS at around 1.8m wingspan for FPV, and it might work for you.

So if you want speed, you need something without to much drag so that would be a minus for the above design.

Are you planning on using for actual work or are you doing it for a project. you mentioned a team, can you give us any more details on that?

Abe

ghifarihanif

We are doing a project.. a research if you will.. it is a nice design but my team doesn't agree to use that kind of design..
We are looking designs similar to the believer uav, actually i think speed is second priority, the first priority is endurance..
When i mentioned team, i mean it is just a research team based on a college, we attend competition and stuff...

Userofmuchtape&glue

Okay that makes more sense.

So you want ideas, tips suggestions etc. for your design. correct?

Some of the other members should chime in with some ideas soon...

Abe