Need some help on FT Simple Cub Motor-ESC installation.

Novice268

Hey guys. I bought the simple cub with power pack B and I'm trying to set it up watching the guide on youtube. I connect the motor (Emax 2213-935KV) to the Emax 20A ESC. I then attached my servo tester to the ESC and then my ESC to the battery. The servo tester lights up but there are no beeping sounds from the ESC and when I turn the knob on the servo tester, the motor doesn't move. How do I test the direction in which the motor spins? Thanks a bunch.

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
Hook the esc to your receiver with the propeller off. You can just test the motor/esc/battery that way.

jajefan

Like Forster said, servo tester isn’t necessary. Back in “Ye old days” of flitetest, they just hooked all the electronics right up to the receiver and used the radio to center/test all their electronics (make sure prop is off!)

Forster

Slow, low and dirty.
Like Forster said, servo tester isn’t necessary. Back in “Ye old days” of flitetest, they just hooked all the electronics right up to the receiver and used the radio to center/test all their electronics (make sure prop is off!)
Yup, I never got the point of Servo testers. Whenever I might need one, I have a receiver ready anyway. I suppose it would save me a few seconds, but I'm never in that big a hurry.

kilroy07

Legendary member
If you didn't have the tester dialed all the way down you may have kicked the ESC into calibration mode.

Just unplug it and try again (also, make sure the tester is in manual mode), Oh, and +1 for taking the prop off... (ask how I know!) :cry: