Need step by step help setting up thin naze32 on versacopter

jack10525

Hello Guys,

I had this working before but crashed and may have damaged something. I have a versacopter with a thin naze32 rev6. My radio is a Flysky FS-i6 with iA6B receiver. The receiver is bound to the trans but doesn't control anything through cleanfight. Also my naze board was updated with the latest firmware. When connected to cleanflight I see it move around. I can't get anything to work in cleanflight though. The motors/esc's and receiver are all connected to the FC. I connect the FC to cleanflight and it is recognized. I've calibrated it on the first page of CF. I tried setting up the motors but can't get them to spin off the computer. If I click on save in CF the motors spin without control from me. I need to disconnect battery to stop them. No user input will make them spin. I need step by step instructions for my components to try and troubleshoot this. All the vidoes I find online are of different components. any help would be appreciated.

ElectriSean

Eternal Student
Mentor
The first step is to get the Rx talking to the FC... Can you post pictures of the connections, as well as screenshots from cleanflight's configuration, ports and receiver tabs?

jack10525

Well I've tried getting the receiver to show up in cleanflight but so far no good. I think I might have killed my FC. I am going to order a new FC and see if that helps.

PsyBorg

Wake up! Time to fly!
I would look at the wires and the receiver before jumping straight to a new Fc. The FC is well protected in a Versacopoter frame so it is unlikely it got damaged unless it got wet.

I would start by taking a servo and hooking it directly to the receiver and making sure it is talking to the radio and each channel is still functional. It probably would not hurt to go thru and rebind it while it is out and by itself. If all of that works out well then I would do a continuity check on the wires from the RX to the FC. This is a common area I have found to be a problem with quads. Definitely a weak link in the system.

If all that is good and you still can't make it work I would reflash the Fc again before determining it to be bad.