Need suggestion for my 77% FT-3D

Option 1 or Option 2

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cdbarron727

I have a two options for the motor on my 77% scaled down FT-3D. I scaled it down in order to have a bit more confidence in trying to attempt 3d maneuvers. Option 1 is a 45 gram eflite park 370 1080kv with maybe an 8x4.7 or 9x4.7 slow flyer with gives 770 grams of thrust at full throttle<-- this would be my first and favorite choice with my 3S 1300 battery but not sure if its overkill for a 77% FT-3D.....Option 2 would be a 24 gram (quadcopter) Cobra 2204/32 1960kv - thrust at full is 559 grams with a 6 X 4.5 prop.

T-Richard

I think cobra with bigger prop on and a very small 2 cell battery.... otherwise it'll be heavy and while it will be capable, it'll just feel heavy in the air

Cdbarron727

I think cobra with bigger prop on and a very small 2 cell battery.... otherwise it'll be heavy and while it will be capable, it'll just feel heavy in the air

I have a 800 2S, two 1300 3S, two 2200 3S. You think the 2S would be ok? Funny thing is that one of the main 'other' reasons i did this build was because I had my eflite park 370 1080kv laying around unused and i paid good money for it when i first started the hobby. But its been sitting because it didnt seem to have enough power for my FT-Mustang and FT3d and it ran really hot. So i tried a smaller version (maybe too much smaller) and youre are saying it might be heavy

T-Richard

I have a 800 2S, two 1300 3S, two 2200 3S. You think the 2S would be ok? Funny thing is that one of the main 'other' reasons i did this build was because I had my eflite park 370 1080kv laying around unused and i paid good money for it when i first started the hobby. But its been sitting because it didnt seem to have enough power for my FT-Mustang and FT3d and it ran really hot. So i tried a smaller version (maybe too much smaller) and youre are saying it might be heavy

the 2s 800 should be fine try it on a 7x3 prop.

I think your park 370 might be a good fit for a baby blender or bloody baron or something of the like

I have an FT-#D full size and I find it heavy with a 1300mah 3s, by heavy I don't mean underpowered I mean less floaty and with poor glide and It'll fall out of maneuvers if the speed isn't up. Ok for aerobatics and pattern but not true 3D.

Either motor will work but I think lighter is better for flight characteristics

Theflyingfoam

Hey if you want a 3D plane to learn on and be confident on then I would try the FancyFoam raptor, I have had mine for over a year and a half and fly it 2-3 times a week doing hardcore 3D. Being made of EPP its INDESTRUCTIBLE especially if you take Goop or shoe goo and put a thin layer all over the nose and leading edge before building it. As an added bonus this plane flies great indoor and out. Last year here in kansas we had a wind storm with 40 mph winds gusting up to 60 and being a local I took the chance to go fly in my front yard on a 3S I could barely move forward and when I throttled back i could cruise backwards. During that flight the only thing that happened was a few CF pieces fell off from the stress of the wind.
http://fancyfoam-com.3dcartstores.com/30-Raptor-EPP_p_112.html