NEED TECH HELP WITH SPEKTRUM

sprzout

Knower of useless information
Mentor
I mean you're always gonna sacrifice something when you buy something cheap, but as far as functionality the orange rx stuff does work. Mabye not as well as the premium stuff though.

I wouldn't recommend the Orange transmitter. You want a bit of stick resistance when you are moving it through the positions; the throttle stick felt cheap, like I could snap it if I throttled up hard. The springs on the ail/elevator felt weak, like it was worn, which really isn't ideal if you're learning to be more precise on your movements for smoothness. Like I said, there are a lot of other transmitters that I would recommend over this one for just a tiny bit more.

Corsair714

I wouldn't recommend the Orange transmitter. You want a bit of stick resistance when you are moving it through the positions; the throttle stick felt cheap, like I could snap it if I throttled up hard. The springs on the ail/elevator felt weak, like it was worn, which really isn't ideal if you're learning to be more precise on your movements for smoothness. Like I said, there are a lot of other transmitters that I would recommend over this one for just a tiny bit more.
You're probably right. As I already said I haven't used it personally before, I've just heard about it. I would 100% suggest gettin the radiomaster tx16s if you can afford it, if you can't, flysky would probably be the next way to go. It's cheaper, but once again you do make some sacrifices for that cheaper price point.

Bricks

Master member
The early Orange receivers were pretty bad almost as bad running DSM2 in a crowded environment. When Spektrum came out with DSMX it cured all the problems that were associated with DSM2. If you get the Orange Gen 2 they are more reliable and now they offer telemetry. I run all three Orange, Lemon and Spektrum receivers, proper antenna placement inside the aircraft is paramount to good radio reception.

I am a Spektrum guy they stand behind there product's if a problem arises. I have purchased used transmitters that developed problems sent them into Spektrum and have never gotten charged for a repair only shipping, now that is a company I can get behind of. You also have to register your product for updates etc, which is there way of helping find a stolen transmitter or stolen equipment.