Needs a new motor mount!

K3V0

Elite member
The boy and I were flying this morning. He got to play with a new sparrow chuck glider and I flew my mini scout... into the ground. Also some folks buddy boxing with a spitfire
9F793757-8716-474B-9BE7-04C8A2016D7F.jpeg
3881B610-210E-4926-8F48-82084878D2A9.jpeg
E3F8DED5-EFF9-4A1E-A1A4-CB9831C31C2D.jpeg

moret

Anymore, I epoxy my firewalls and then wrap the power pod in fiber embedded tape. Anyplace a skewers goes thru foam board, I also use the fiber tape.
Enjoy seeing pictures of the boy with his planes

mayan

Legendary member
The boy and I were flying this morning. He got to play with a new sparrow chuck glider and I flew my mini scout... into the ground. Also some folks buddy boxing with a spitfire View attachment 145533 View attachment 145534 View attachment 145535
Great pictures. Happy to see you go with the family to the field I try to do the same. Also love the paint job on the mini Scout. I too like @FDS recommend to take more spare power pods to the field, they are easy to create and worth having around. An alternative is to take a battery powered hot glue gun to the field for small field repairs, has helped me a million or so times.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Great pictures. Happy to see you go with the family to the field I try to do the same. Also love the paint job on the mini Scout. I too like @FDS recommend to take more spare power pods to the field, they are easy to create and worth having around. An alternative is to take a battery powered hot glue gun to the field for small field repairs, has helped me a million or so times.
Did you buy a battery powered glue gun or did you solder a connected on? Could I cut off the plug from one of my old glue guns and solder an Xt-60 plug into the end and power it off of one of my 3s lipos?

K3V0

Elite member
Thanks for the advice about epoxy and fiber tape! I made a couple of new power pods last night and Went out again this morning. The mini scout was going great until the motor ripped itself out an the plane vomited it’s esc! 1B4A9AA5-9CFF-4669-8DA0-A9D413F4FFE2.jpeg I was able to glide in a pretty good landing so I count that as a success! :) I’ll rebuild and try again.

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Thanks for the advice about epoxy and fiber tape! I made a couple of new power pods last night and Went out again this morning. The mini scout was going great until the motor ripped itself out an the plane vomited it’s esc! View attachment 145617 I was able to glide in a pretty good landing so I count that as a success! :) I’ll rebuild and try again.
Check out my mini scout crash from several days ago. I learned inverted flying as a three channel mini scout isn’t a good thing. Pluses it full throttle straight into the ground! A spray of electronics came flying out - only thing left in the plane were the elevator and rudder servos😂

Attachments

• 2E6E9D6D-C393-468D-9DC2-EC07B043FB11.jpeg
    2E6E9D6D-C393-468D-9DC2-EC07B043FB11.jpeg
    7 MB · Views: 0
  • 42D8E15F-D578-4B52-B2BF-395596077AF9.jpeg
    42D8E15F-D578-4B52-B2BF-395596077AF9.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 4761EFDE-E675-4C68-8BE6-5CF7AC2595CE.jpeg
    4761EFDE-E675-4C68-8BE6-5CF7AC2595CE.jpeg
    5.1 MB · Views: 0

The Hangar

Fly harder!
Mentor
Whoa! Well, it’s easier to swap them into new plane that way. 😉 did the electronics survive?
Surprisingly everything (except the plane) survived - even the prop! I was using a nine inch prop I trimmed down so it is super tough. I glued up the fuse, and need to make another power pod.

K3V0

Elite member
Went out this morning with 3 spare power pods. I only had to use one after flying straight into a BBQ pit! 😆 I think the advice to make sure that the power pod is basically a crumple zone and save the motor was spot on! Thanks for mentioning that guys!

mayan

Legendary member
Went out this morning with 3 spare power pods. I only had to use one after flying straight into a BBQ pit! 😆 I think the advice to make sure that the power pod is basically a crumple zone and save the motor was spot on! Thanks for mentioning that guys!
Any time buddy :).